Author Topic: Jobs board??  (Read 658 times)

Offline Pegasus

• NCC
  • Administrator
  • forum hero
Jobs board??
« on: July 30, 2018, 04:18:12 pm »
Hi Folks,

Should we add a jobs board to the forum and allow relevant jobs to be posted??  Maybe ask for a donation towards competition prizes..... (reminder, both UKC and NTC are run on a not for profit basis so we wouldn't be doing it as a money making exercise).

Saw this earlier:

http://www.can.ltd.uk/careers-at-can?platform=hootsuite

CAN support both the forum and, even better, New To Caving so I'm happy to post the link to their vacancies page.

Thoughts??

Offline alastairgott

• forum hero
  • It's Therion Month.
Re: Jobs board??
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 04:58:32 pm »
Being thoroughly selfish, yes. I am looking and work are openly helping me with the process, perhaps not for Ropey work though.

Available from 17th September, preferably within 50miles of Derbyshire, but flexible. Mainly Finance/Admin Based, but open to offers.

(Liverpool, Chester, Burton, Nottingham, Derby, York, Leeds, Manchester, Stoke, Preston)
In no particular order.

Edit: and Sheffield
Scraps and Maps, Scraps and Maps, Squawk, pretty polly...

Offline Ian Ball

• forum star
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 04:59:33 pm »
Go for it! No reason to look there if you aren't interested.

Good luck alastairgott

Offline nickwilliams

• forum hero
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 06:18:14 pm »
As an employer, I would use it.
"Economics is simply the branch of sociology that deals with people trading items and the fact that they use more numbers does not make it anymore of a science."

Offline Swallowneck

• addict
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 06:51:13 pm »
Being thoroughly selfish, yes. I am looking and work are openly helping me with the process, perhaps not for Ropey work though.

Available from 17th September, preferably within 50miles of Derbyshire, but flexible. Mainly Finance/Admin Based, but open to offers.

(Liverpool, Chester, Burton, Nottingham, Derby, York, Leeds, Manchester, Stoke, Preston)
In no particular order.

Edit: and Sheffield

Alastair you need to come back to Yorkshire and restart your career as a volunteer BSD digger. You also now have surveying skills (and one of my disto's) so if you get through the probationary period we may even pay you. Chips and beer is our prefered currency but only small amounts as you will need to be inserted in pokey little holes so we don't want you getting fat.   :)

Offline alastairgott

• forum hero
  • It's Therion Month.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 08:15:08 pm »
I can give the disto back now :) I'll have to find a way of coming up for a day.
Scraps and Maps, Scraps and Maps, Squawk, pretty polly...

Offline Goydenman

• Black Sheep Digger
  • junky
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 08:27:42 pm »
Phil agreed to come up also so two extra diggers great :-)
Sorry off topic

Offline Peregrina

• regular
  • SUSS, TSG
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 08:34:11 pm »
Yes I'd like that.

There are enough jobs tenuously related to caving that it would probably see some use.
Speleotramp