Pet hate

mikem

Quoting the entire previous post when replying - if it's been superceded by others then fair enough, but even then it helps if any irrelevant parts are deleted.

Minion

mikem said:
Quoting the entire previous post when replying - if it's been superceded by others then fair enough, but even then it helps if any irrelevant parts are deleted.

I agree, it?s just sheer laziness.

JoshW

Minion said:
mikem said:

Horrendous isn't it, just use the relevant bit.

mudman

JoshW said:
Minion said:
mikem said:

Doesn't it depend on which bit is relevant? What if there are lots of relevant bits that are relevant? After all, relevance it relative.

mikem

mudman said:
JoshW said:
Minion said:
mikem said:

Doesn't it depend on which bit is relevant? What if there are lots of relevant bits that are relevant? After all, relevance it relative.
Fortunately it doesn't really bother me with short posts...  :tease:

BTW then they aren't irrelevant.

PeteHall

To be fair, for anyone using the forum form a mobile phone, it is really tedious to remove parts of a quote and very easy to loose the bits you wanted to keep. Then you have no choice but to start again or give up o_O

ali_mac

I thought this was going to be a thread about how someone hates their neighbours cats digging up and crapping in their garden, or barking dogs, making a noise nuisance. 

Now I feel mislead!

mikem

You could always start a thread about it! (but in Idle Chat - I also requested the home page to show what forum it was in, to help with this precise issue. Now if it was happening in your cave...)

PeteHall said:
To be fair, for anyone using the forum form a mobile phone, it is really tedious to remove parts of a quote and very easy to loose the bits you wanted to keep. Then you have no choice but to start again or give up o_O
That's why that was just an aside. The main comment was quoting something in entirety that appears just above.