Author Topic: One really important question remains unanswered  (Read 5281 times)

Online Fjell

• stalker
Re: One really important question remains unanswered
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2020, 10:29:02 am »
Symonds used to work with Cain. Not all sweetness and light it seems.

This is what happens in any company when people have been around too long. We used to move senior staff every four years somewhere else, usually a different country. You need to build loyalty to the brand, not to little cabals.

The UK’s biggest problem is it’s culture of managerial amateurism. Been around a very long time. It’s why if you look at a lot of big UK companies these days, so will see a remarkable percentage of non-British CEO’s. Multinationals in particular have no truck with it.

Offline RobinGriffiths

• junky
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2020, 12:45:08 am »
Ey up. Domingo Commingo is off as well.

Offline Duck ditch

• stalker
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2020, 07:29:03 am »
One can only hope.
Perhaps I can ask a question I’ve been asking for 4 years now.  6 weeks left and I still don’t know.  Is the the Northern Ireland border in the Irish Sea or on land?

Online mikem

• forum hero
  • Mendip Caving Group
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2020, 07:43:58 am »
But has he been offered a job with better prospects (& thus deserting a sinking ship), or had a hissy fit because he hasn't got his way?

Well, NI is not currently leaving the union ...

Offline Graigwen

• forum star
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2020, 08:21:52 am »
But has he been offered a job with better prospects (& thus deserting a sinking ship), or had a hissy fit because he hasn't got his way?

Well, NI is not currently leaving the union ...

He returns in 2021 as chief advisor to PM Gove (once the Sunak problem has been sorted).

Offline ZombieCake

• forum hero
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2020, 09:38:33 am »
Domingo Commingo is off as well

Has he been offered a position at an opticians, given his considerable UK wide experience in eyesight testing.

Online mikem

• forum hero
  • Mendip Caving Group
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2020, 09:51:22 am »
No, coz he wouldn't accept the fixed nature of the eye chart...

Offline RobinGriffiths

• junky
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2020, 10:23:51 am »
As The Independent headline goes..   Breakup of the Brexit Boy Band.

Offline pwhole

• forum hero
  • TSG, DCA, PDMHS
    • Phil Wolstenholme website
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2020, 10:46:04 am »
I'm not a betting man, but I'll put a fiver on Stratton not lasting till Xmas either. I can't wait to see her former colleagues asking her about her 'new' new role at coronavirus questions and being asked to stay on topic. 'Yeah but no but...'.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/picture/2020/nov/12/steve-bell-on-the-fallout-after-boris-johnson-aide-steps-down-cartoon

Offline ZombieCake

• forum hero
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2020, 05:44:25 pm »
Mr Cummingo  has gone finally walkabout:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54938050

Online ChrisJC

• Funky
  • forum hero
    • http://www.cowdery.org.uk
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2020, 06:56:31 pm »
I'm sure he's not going to vanish...

It will be interesting to hear is opinion of Miss Symonds.

Chris.
--
http://www.cowdery.org.uk
Mines, caves,
Land Rovers

Offline pwhole

• forum hero
  • TSG, DCA, PDMHS
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2020, 07:11:56 pm »
Well Marina Hyde turned in another classic - at 14.26pm too. Every paragraph is pure joy:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/13/dominic-cummings-barnard-castle-brexit

To put it in terms Cummings would reflexively understand: it’s special to see an English director of football lose the power struggle for once. Dom and the other guys whose names we’ve recently had to find out have only one speed: aggro. Furthermore, Boris Johnson’s Downing Street has been like one of those boys’ schools where girls are only accepted in sixth form. They’re here now, however – and I keep reading that a combination of Johnson’s fiancee, Carrie Symonds, his new press secretary, Allegra Stratton, and his policy chief, Munira Mirza, has done for the Vote Leave faction. Typical. God, I hate to see women ruining everything for this group of great mates. I always think of these guys like the Beatles. The Isis Beatles, obviously.

Online mikem

• forum hero
  • Mendip Caving Group
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2020, 07:41:19 pm »
Maybe taking some hints from female premiers seeming to have less problems with covid.

Offline Duck ditch

• stalker
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2020, 08:18:24 pm »
I wonder what was in the cardboard box.  I thought all his work was done on excel spreadsheets.  Did he really live in the box room at no 10?  Watch out barnard castle he’s on his way.

Online mikem

• forum hero
  • Mendip Caving Group
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2020, 08:41:44 pm »
Depends if he stays in his £1.6million home in Islington

Offline pwhole

• forum hero
  • TSG, DCA, PDMHS
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2020, 09:39:30 pm »
Maybe taking some hints from female premiers seeming to have less problems with covid.

Exactly. I was only having this conversation (again) today. If Kamala Harris takes over the presidency during the term (as well she might), the world might start looking like a very different place. Macho autocrats are dropping out of fashion very, very quickly. Even Trump's on TV now acting all swish and conciliatory, and he even just hinted that he might not be president for much longer...

Online mikem

• forum hero
  • Mendip Caving Group

Offline pwhole

• forum hero
  • TSG, DCA, PDMHS
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2020, 09:57:59 pm »
Of course Sarah Vine, wife of Michael Gove, also writes for the Fail. It's hard to get away from the conclusion that much journalism and politics are essentially the same thing. They're certainly both done by the same people. I'm not one for fake news, but it doesn't help any of their cases for being taken as 'trustworthy' when they're all so bloody incestuous.

Online mikem

• forum hero
  • Mendip Caving Group
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2020, 10:12:21 pm »
Go to the people who have stories to tell.

Offline ZombieCake

• forum hero
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2020, 12:03:59 am »
Sooo, does anyone know who's the new real prime minister now that Cummings has gone?  Or what the new dartboard of random policy will be?

Offline ZombieCake

• forum hero
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2020, 12:59:59 am »
Found this on YouTube.  Haven't subscribed to Britbox as I already pay for BBC stuff, so don't know if there's more.

Offline Badlad

• Administrator
  • forum hero
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2020, 11:23:52 am »
Of course Sarah Vine, wife of Michael Gove, also writes for the Fail. It's hard to get away from the conclusion that much journalism and politics are essentially the same thing. They're certainly both done by the same people. I'm not one for fake news, but it doesn't help any of their cases for being taken as 'trustworthy' when they're all so bloody incestuous.

Psst, I heard that Dave Rose is the illegitimate love child of Boris Johnson (or his dad).

Offline pwhole

• forum hero
  • TSG, DCA, PDMHS
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2020, 11:32:54 am »
Haha. Good old Mr. Senior Moment, maskless and proud of it. Well if that odious swine had spaffed up the wall instead 56 years ago, we might not be in this mess now.

Online Robert Scott

• forum star
  • A Yorkshireman with a Scottish father
    • http://www.hughendon.btinternet.co.uk
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2020, 06:30:56 pm »
Oh dear, it seems so shambolic that I've passed over Gove as PM. Let's bring Jeremy Hunt back into the fold, apparently he once did a real job.

Offline pwhole

• forum hero
  • TSG, DCA, PDMHS
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2020, 12:19:45 am »
There's more thrills 'n spills tonight. I'm almost tempted to raise my recent fiver bet to a tenner, but I'd hate to be accused of influencing proceedings at such a sensitive stage. Though 'Friends of Allegra Stratton' already sounds like a campaign group, so maybe they're beyond influencers. Journalists eh? What can you do?

But still no mention of caving. Maybe they'll get round to us by Monday  ;)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/14/attacks-by-pms-ousted-aide-left-new-press-chief-in-tears

The woman appointed by Boris Johnson to lead his daily press operations was left in tears on Saturday after she claimed to have been the subject of negative briefings by a former No 10 official who resigned last week and made a dramatic exit from Downing Street. In an extraordinary escalation of feuding involving new and departing aides to Johnson, friends of Allegra Stratton, the new press secretary to the prime minister, said she had been “in tears all morning” as a result of what she believed were critical briefings by Johnson’s former director of communications, Lee Cain.

Stratton, who will be the public face of the government, believes Cain told numerous journalists over the previous 24 hours that she was not the first choice for the job and had not been top of the list of a panel chosen to make the high-profile appointment. Cain is a close ally of Dominic Cummings, Johnson’s former closest adviser, who also resigned last week and was asked to leave on Friday.

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search