Author Topic: One really important question remains unanswered  (Read 5251 times)

Online Fjell

• menacing presence
Re: One really important question remains unanswered
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2020, 08:58:43 pm »
I think Patel labours under the illusion she can fire people who are useless, don’t do as they are told - or indeed actively try to get you removed as in this case. What she needs to understand is that it is the Civil Service we are talking about, it’s what they do.

Sir Philips problem was that this was the second woman in a row he was knifing. Not a good look.

Offline RobinGriffiths

• junky
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2020, 09:23:16 pm »
Let's not forget that a civil servent received a no liability payout of £25,000 from the government after allegedly attempting suicide after being shouted at by Priti Patel. There's a lot more detail on that story if you're willing to look.

Offline mikem

• forum hero
  • Mendip Caving Group
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2020, 09:46:18 pm »
She might have been the catalyst, but I hardly think she will have been the cause.

Offline RobinGriffiths

• junky
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2020, 10:44:11 pm »
Well, she does appear to have a serial people problem issue. I'm not suggesting anything, come to your own conclusion, there's plenty of information in newspapers and online, and I'm sure anyone can take onboard or ignore information to fit in with their world view, or indeed handle information without prejudice and come up with a balanced view. We are all sorts. It may be that's she's just lacks empathy? Anyway, Michael Gove, now he's a proper old fashioned ***t.

Offline pwhole

• forum hero
  • TSG, DCA, PDMHS
    • Phil Wolstenholme website
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2020, 12:42:25 am »
They are all running a policy decision to push everything as far as they can, almost certain in the knowledge that the checks and balances that are supposed to be in place will not be implemented, largely due to the 'stunned' effect that Trump has relied on - the system just can't get that someone is blatantly bent and pretty much admitting it, and daring someone to do something, which they won't because they daren't, their own career depending on it. The inbuilt deference to 'noble authority' in their core base of well-off middle-aged people helps, as do the shameless nods to poor and angry mobs lurking in the background - both here and in the US. It's cheap and nasty authoritarianism, but implemented by people without the talent or the personal charisma to pull it off properly, hence the awkward 'interviews' and endless 'supportive statements'. No doubt Andrew Marr and Sophy Ridge will have more of them in the morning. But I think they are collapsing under the sheer weight of their own incompetence and hubris. Brexit should finish them off, but it may do the same to us - unless of course it gets postponed again, for 'practical reasons' - like a pandemic in full flow.

'Then the words don't fit you,' said the King, looking round the court with a smile. There was a dead silence.

'It's a pun!' the King added in an offended tone, and everybody laughed, 'Let the jury consider their verdict,' the King said, for about the twentieth time that day.

'No, no!' said the Queen. 'Sentence first—verdict afterwards.'

'Stuff and nonsense!' said Alice loudly. 'The idea of having the sentence first!'

'Hold your tongue!' said the Queen, turning purple.

'I won't!' said Alice.

Off with her head!' the Queen shouted at the top of her voice. Nobody moved.

'Who cares for you?' said Alice, (she had grown to her full size by this time.) 'You're nothing but a pack of cards!'

At this the whole pack rose up into the air, and came flying down upon her: she gave a little scream, half of fright and half of anger, and tried to beat them off, and found herself lying on the bank, with her head in the lap of her sister, who was gently brushing away some dead leaves that had fluttered down from the trees upon her face.

https://sabian.org/alice_in_wonderland12.php

Offline andrewmc

• BCA ind. rep.
  • junky
  • EUSS, BEC, YSS, SWCC...
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2020, 09:19:31 am »
What surprises me is that no-one else in that party has been accused of bullying... generally 'bossy' behaviour is perceived differently when received from male and female superiors, and there are either hard-wired or strong cultural tendencies to take authority from male figures and prefer non-threatening female figures (for example, why are all voice assistants like Alexa, Siri etc. by default female?).

If someone's been found guilty of bullying and breaching the ministerial code, then they should be out. I just hope (but doubt) that the rest of that miserable bunch are being held to the same standard...

Offline droid

• forum hero
  • WMRG
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2020, 02:00:27 pm »
Being possessed of a supercilious smirk doesn't help....
No longer 'Exceptionally antagonistic' 'Deliberately inflammatory'

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search