Author Topic: Radford Quarry  (Read 470 times)

Offline mrodoc

• forum hero
    • Peter Glanvill's Webpage
Radford Quarry
« on: March 21, 2021, 03:04:47 pm »
This one is for PCG members mainly. As a matter of interest has anybody searched Radford Quarry face for caves. I am sure they must have but thought worth asking. It is now a Countryside Wildlife area on the opposite side of the lake to Radford Cave.

Offline D.Send

Re: Radford Quarry
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 09:50:59 pm »
Hi mrodoc,
Back in the '60s the private quarry face was perfectly visible without going in. Nothing obvious to report though....

D.Send.

Offline MrPlymExplorer

Re: Radford Quarry
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 01:18:54 pm »
This one is for PCG members mainly. As a matter of interest has anybody searched Radford Quarry face for caves. I am sure they must have but thought worth asking. It is now a Countryside Wildlife area on the opposite side of the lake to Radford Cave.

Hello Pete,

Myself and my wife searched the entire area a few weeks back and couldn't find anything. You can see many small openings where bats go, but apart from that, its just filled with water.

I believe it homes the spider "Horrid ground weaver" and due to it being a protected species, Wainhomes are unable to build anything there.

There is a way down to the Quarry via the wooded area west of the walkway to Radford Lake, but is a little slippery going down.

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal