• The 6th and final winning ticket number is 558

    Check your ticket - if you won, claim your prize!

    The sixth prize to be drawn is the Mountain Equipment Lhotse Goretex Jacket

    Click here to claim

  • Welcome to our new forum members!

    Stay with us after the competition is over.

    Don't drift away to only using the billionaire techbro platforms. UKC is so much more than winning a prize! 20+ years of combined caver knowledge. UKC - the cavers' online community.

    Click here for more

Draught Meter

SamT

Moderator
Any one had any first hand experience of those 'Testo' draught meters. Reckon they could be quite useful.
 
No experience myself but they found a pretty big extension in Miss Graces Lane cave in the Forest of Dean by using one. Meant to be good.
 
I might investigate prices - I have several digs where there has been the old draught debates. The smoke dont go anywhere but the dead end passage feels really fresh. Plus I know of a large area of breakdown. Must be some sort of inlet into the chamber - but where to start digging? which direction? over the top or down under? left? right? - Could give us a hint.
 
Probably better thean the 2 cavers I once heard Steve Round taking the piss out of in Bernie's. They had let off a smoke source at a point thought to be near the surface and with a possible connection.

Unfortunately, when they did it, it was:

A) Dark
B) Misty

:oops:
 
Back
Top