Activation problems

Les W

I presume he is refering to the posting that I attempted to report to you using the "report to moderator" link in each post. Unfortunatly my message has bounced so you probably didnt get it.  :(

The post in question is

http://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=6139.msg84380#msg84380

and my comments were:- "I assume this account needs cancelling"

Peter Burgess

Why is this forum so amazingly reliable and stunningly responsive almost all of the time, and rarely slow and unresponsive?  :-\

bubba

Administrator
whitelackington said:
Why is it sometimes so difficult to connect to this forum
and even if you do, stunningly slow?
At some times of the day, the forums are slower than I would like. I'm looking into solutions all the time, but some slowdowns are inevitable as these forums (and those at ukbouldering.com) become busier and more popular.

SamT

Im with Peter on this one.

Sound like mick needs to - get a faster computer, upgrade his broadband provider, move nearer the telephone exchange (delete as appropriate).

Les W

bubba said:
whitelackington said:
Why is it sometimes so difficult to connect to this forum
and even if you do, stunningly slow?
At some times of the day, the forums are slower than I would like. I'm looking into solutions all the time, but some slowdowns are inevitable as these forums (and those at ukbouldering.com) become busier and more popular.
Are you hosted in the US Bubba? The web used to slow down terribly once the yanks got up (about 12 noon GMT for the East coast and 15:00 for the West coast). This used to slow down anything that needed to access the web "over there" but I thought that bigger internet "pipes" had sorted it. Unless we are experiencing more and more broadband use in the US. Or alternatively it might just be Whitelackingtons 'puter or internet connection I suppose.

bubba

Administrator
Yes the site is US hosted but it's a very strong host. It does slow down now and again but I don't think that was anything to do with the slowness here.

Over the last week i've put a lot of work into getting the forums running quickly again. There was one major problem which I sorted and seems to have made a difference. The place is running much faster now....well it is from here anyway :)