Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Welcome to our new forum members!
Stay with us after the competition is over.
Don't drift away to only using the billionaire techbro platforms. UKC is so much more than winning a prize! 20+ years of combined caver knowledge. UKC - the cavers' online community.
Just noted today that my renewal quote was double my old one - Caving without a local cave rescue team has been moved to the 'Pro Adventure Category'. Just a heads up for the expedition season.
I am 65 with no medical issues, and have a yearly Insurance cover for Europe only, for trips of less than 45 days.
The BCA Insurance quote was ?302.35
Snowcard " " " ?178.54
Have I missed something, or is the BCA Insurance better in some way?
I take it thats a quote for non-exploratory caving. For exploratory caving for anywhere (not including the US), the prices are a little higher:
In a country without cave rescue: ?694.24
In a country with cave rescue: ?296.75
My current policy which I got in September 2018 was ?248, which was for exploratory caving in areas without cave rescue and included the US. So these prices have hugely increased over the last year.