Author Topic: Annoying things on TV  (Read 348 times)

Offline ZombieCake

• forum hero
Annoying things on TV
« on: September 14, 2021, 11:08:35 pm »
Anyone else annoyed by the music used on the 'can't be arsed to cook properly' Gousto TV advert?  I'm assuming it's all about microwaving stuff as the tune used is Enola Gay by OMD, which was about a plane of the same name that really annoyed a lot of people in Hiroshima.

Offline owd git

• forum hero
Re: Annoying things on TV
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 07:51:14 am »
And that's the only thing on telly that annoys you????????
Hen racer? 2000 world hen racing champion( guess who has this years world champion hen!)

Offline grahams

• forum hero
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 09:05:33 am »
I cancelled my TV licence 7 years ago and disconnected my TV from my satellite dish so nothing much annoys me. That has saved me enough money for a cheap holiday and I have the satisfaction of knowing that I'm not contributing to BBC/C4 nonsense. All sweetness and light in this household.
Sceptics wanted!

Offline sinker

• stalker
  • O-Level woodwork BlockbusterVideo Gold Card
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 09:16:49 am »
Anyone else annoyed by the music used on the 'can't be arsed to cook properly' Gousto TV advert?  I'm assuming it's all about microwaving stuff as the tune used is Enola Gay by OMD, which was about a plane of the same name that really annoyed a lot of people in Hiroshima.

Load of old wazz. And, people being like sheep, fall for the hype. And don't get me started on the DJ who thinks she is an accomplished musician just because she can tap a few buttons in the correct order  :lol:

Ah, well, now, you see...erm...

Offline crickleymal

• forum hero
« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:51:46 am »
The thing that annoys me is when they can't get the accompanying images right. I was watching a programme about American railways and they showed an image of a GWR pannier tank.
Malc
Rusted and ropy, dog-eared old copy.
Vintage and classic or just plain Jurassic:
all words to describe me.

Online tony from suffolk

• forum hero
  • Old codger
« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:03:19 am »
Bargain Hunt. Bloody thing always seems to be on when I settle down for my lunch. People buying absolute tat, then selling it at auction, usually for a loss; Irritating presenters. Having spent time in the USA, I have a huge aversion to adverts and only watch commercial TV programs I've recorded so I can wizz through the blessed things.
"Aim low, achieve your goals, avoid disappointment"

Offline Paul Marvin

• forum star
  • Bronze, Silver & Gold Swimming Certificates, WGAS
« Reply #6 on: Today at 08:10:23 am »
Lets go about the Sh*T like love island and strictly FFS. best of all we then have the same sh&T from other countries as well, are people really that uneducated as to be entertained by such garbage ?  :'( :confused:
I dont know where I am going, but will know where I am when I get there.

Offline 2xw

• junky
  • YUCPC, SUSS
« Reply #7 on: Today at 08:38:13 am »
Lets go about the Sh*T like love island and strictly FFS. best of all we then have the same sh&T from other countries as well, are people really that uneducated as to be entertained by such garbage ?  :'( :confused:

Hehe I'm a scientist and I watch stuff like love island and Gogglebox etc. I get paid to think I'm not going to do it in my spare time ;)

Offline Fulk

• forum hero
« Reply #8 on: Today at 08:52:49 am »
I dislike the way that science programmes (in particular) drag things out, beating about the bush in order to fill their allocated 60 minutes when they could have got to the grist of the matter in 20 or 30 minutes. Also thumbs up to Tony fS re ads.

Online Laurie

• forum hero
  • ...and then there was one.
« Reply #9 on: Today at 10:50:29 am »
I dislike the way that science programmes (in particular) drag things out, beating about the bush in order to fill their allocated 60 minutes when they could have got to the grist of the matter in 20 or 30 minutes. Also thumbs up to Tony fS re ads.
Last night's Kilogram programme (BBC 4) was good.
MNRC

Offline Paul Marvin

• forum star
  • Bronze, Silver & Gold Swimming Certificates, WGAS
« Reply #10 on: Today at 11:55:26 am »

Hehe I'm a scientist and I watch stuff like love island and Gogglebox etc. I get paid to think I'm not going to do it in my spare time ;)

:o

I dont know where I am going, but will know where I am when I get there.

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal