• The 6th and final winning ticket number is 558

    Check your ticket - if you won, claim your prize!

    The sixth prize to be drawn is the Mountain Equipment Lhotse Goretex Jacket

    Click here to claim

  • Welcome to our new forum members!

    Stay with us after the competition is over.

    Don't drift away to only using the billionaire techbro platforms. UKC is so much more than winning a prize! 20+ years of combined caver knowledge. UKC - the cavers' online community.

    Click here for more

Diccan and Dollytubs

ianball11

Active member
Would people suggest a Diccan trip at this time of year? We were up in Longchurn last week and the water level wasn't as high as I expected? I would love to go through Diccan Pot again, best trip I've been on, down Diccan to the sump, back out the main pitch up Alum Pot in the sunshine of mid-morning, terrific.
Ian B.
 
Would people suggest a Diccan trip at this time of year?
A Diccan trip is possible at any time of the year as long as it isn't too wet...

I've been up (but somehow never down..) Diccan twice - once in April and once in February (big pitch and Long Churn routes) - both fine although the trip down the main shaft we went down too quickly and ended up waiting at the bottom of Alum for the Diccan party to arrive which did get chilly after a while! Live and learn! :)
 
Back
Top