Car break ins

ChrisJC

Quite a sensible proposal from Tony Oldham that I found in a 1992 edition of Descent!

Chris.

Attachments

• IMG_20210511_133120_resized_20210511_013153096.jpg
    IMG_20210511_133120_resized_20210511_013153096.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 2,168

nearlywhite

Tal-y-Ban could mean 'high hills'

This isn't doing any favours in distancing us Welshies from that Irishman O'Sama  ;)

crickleymal

I remember reading in a sci-fi book that some philosopher had developed a way to rid society of crimson one generation. Observing that crime tends to run in families he proposed that anyone committing a crime be sterilised. Of course the society wanted quicker results so they just executed any criminal.

sinker

crickleymal said:
...he proposed that anyone committing a crime be sterilised.

You don't need to read sci-fi books to get that; the Daily Mail will do nicely for that....

Ed W

One suggestion from a guy I used to cave with that I like was this.  Instead of the police putting up signs advising car owners not to leave valuables in the car put up a sign outlining what measures said car owner could legally take, up to an including "reasonable force" if they caught someone breaking into their car.

Most owners are not around when their cars are broken into. I can't see how a sign describing an owners limited powers under the law would help any?

darren

Ed W said:
"reasonable force"

In most instances this would consist of the owner shouting "Stop breaking into my car" and the thief running off. Any more force than this in the circumstances would be an assault by the car owner.

I'm struggling to see how a sign stating this would help.

royfellows

Its how you tell em

"He came at me with the screwdriver, crow bar, knife etc and I had no option but to defend myself.
So starteth the sixth kata, what we would call "Heian Godan Bunkai"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

cavemanmike

I was having a discussion with a cid friend of mine a couple of years ago about house burglary and how I would bury them in the Muck heap to which he said whatever you do when you kill them phone the police and say a burglar broke in and attack you.
You are more likely to get away with it