It's a bit early but this year the British Caving Association AGM will be held in our patch at the Horton-in-Ribblesdale Village Hall on Sunday 9 June 2019 beginning at 10:30am. We urge all cavers to come along, take part and get involved as it can really make a difference to how things are run.
There are several posts available but you need to get any nominations in by Saturday, 13 April 2019.
It's important to get equal involvement from each region so it would be great if Northern cavers want to take a role or two.
In line with the BCA Constitution, each year one third of the posts are up for election. For 2019 these will be:
- Secretary (to serve for 3 years)
- Conservation & Access (to serve for 3 years)
- Treasurer (to serve the remaining 2 years of a 3 year term)
- Publications & Information (to serve the remaining 2 years of a 3 year term)
- 2 Club Representatives (to serve for 2 years)
- 2 Individual Member Representatives (to serve for 2 years)
- the post the candidate wishes to stand for.
- the candidate?s name, address, phone number, signature and membership number.
- the proposer and seconder?s names, membership numbers and signatures.
- a brief election statement of a maximum of 300 words in length (to be used in the event of multiple nominations).
BCA Group Members should note that for the purposes of voting at the AGM each Group may send one voting delegate who must bring with them a letter signed by an officer giving them the authority to represent that group.
Individual Members should bring their membership card.
Keep an eye out for more details at: http://british-caving.org.uk