Author Topic: A video thread on UK Caving?  (Read 4605 times)

Offline Speleofish

• player
Re: A video thread on UK Caving?
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2018, 11:21:12 pm »
The single scariest 'caving' passage I've ever read (I was 8 at the time) remains the bit where they go sumping in the Weirdstone of Brisingamen, and it can still give me a degree of rectal uncertainty. This was right up there with it. Enormous respect!

Offline Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2018, 02:30:50 pm »
Here's a longer edit of Fenix Lighting The Way looking at the potential of using Fenix FD65 focusing torches as video lights.

What's going on here?   :bow:
What's put a smile on Chunky's Face?   :lol:
Who's Chunky's friend?    :hug:
What tune are they playing?  :-\

:thumbsup:  To find the answer to these questions and find out how the lights performed watch the video.  :thumbsup: Go on, go on, go on, go on. You know you want to.  :tease:

Offline Pegasus

• NCC
  • Administrator
  • forum hero
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2018, 01:08:17 pm »
Chris Higgins: 'Join a group of cavers as they take rafts on a one way trip through one of Tennessee's best caves! A first decent and the first trip of its kind!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGnA4ZCLGY8&feature=youtu.be

Offline Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
Wild Wookey
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2018, 02:24:34 pm »
It's a bit like proper caving.

Offline JoshW

• menacing presence
  • WSCC, YSS
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2018, 08:26:57 am »
Looking at some of my old videos and came across this from a couple of years back. Technically not a cave so might not be allowed! Just as fun though!

Offline retrika7

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2018, 08:08:49 pm »
 :) Hiya...I'm an Amateur Caving Video/Photographer...got some kit....If I can help I will....Let me Know.

Offline JoshW

• menacing presence
  • WSCC, YSS
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2018, 11:25:39 am »

So I've finally got round to start putting together my entry for Hidden Earth video salon this year. Here is the trailer to get you all excited!

Offline Badlad

• Administrator
  • forum hero
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2018, 01:34:25 pm »
The Oreo Dream?
 ;D ;D
Does Professor Watson eat them all in his sleep and wake up to find the pillow gone? 

Offline chunky

• forum star
  • The Dudley, SWCC
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2018, 10:22:02 am »
Yum, I love it already!

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Offline Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2018, 10:59:37 pm »
Entry forms for the Hidden Earth video salon competition are now online and ready to use at https://hidden.earth/salons/video-salon.php

The entry deadline is 11pm on Saturday 15 September. Entries must be limited to a maximum of 10 minutes in duration (including titles).

In addition to your main video file, entrants are required to prepare and upload a separate file containing a 30 second trailer that includes the title of your entry, the name of the creator(s) and some edited summary content that will attract delegates to view the full version during one of the timetabled showings of the entries.

Offline Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2018, 04:00:22 pm »
An increasing number of quality caving films and lectures are appearing online. To make life a little easier in tracking these down, a new page on the Descent website has been created at https://www.wildplaces.co.uk/content/166-caving-films.

Offline Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2018, 09:07:24 pm »
Cwmorthin Slate Mine. A Dudley trip from earlier this year.

Offline Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2019, 06:12:23 pm »
For the last 6 years I have produced an annual roundup video. 2017's film 'Best Extreme Caving Video Moments 2017 with Dudley Caving Club' was my most successful by far. It has been watched over 1.6 million times.
I’m a little behind schedule this year, but I have been beavering away over the last couple of weeks and 2018's offering is now ready for release. I've decided to experiment with YouTube's new premiere feature. If anyone wants to see how this works then you can sign up using the link below.

Offline Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2019, 11:06:52 am »
Oops. I found a typo so have re-uploaded the video. It's now at:

Offline Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2019, 09:53:54 pm »
It premiered on YouTube this evening at 7pm to a packed house. It was great fun knowing that I was watching at the same time as my army of admiring fans, watching the comments ping up in real time on my screen and seeing the 'like' counter go into overdrive.

It premiered on YouTube this evening at 7pm. On a couple of occasions during the showing the audience briefly reached double figures. There were a handful of comments including one from a troll. Perhaps I'm not quite well known enough for YouTube Premieres - just yet anyway.

Offline Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2019, 03:51:13 pm »
The second most watched caving video on YouTube

I made this video in February 2016 when I couldn't go caving due to injury and it's just hit 5 million views;D

It was inspired by the Red Bull video 'This 60-second clip makes you feel claustrophobic' although my version lasts 85 seconds. It's made up of clips filmed between 2010 and 2015 mostly of cavers negotiating some snugger cave passages. To make the film feel exciting I cut the clips to the beat in a piece of dramatic music. I would like to think that it demonstrates the massive importance of editing in making caving films watchable to cavers and non-cavers alike.

It was initially used for a UK Caving competition sponsored by Warmbac. The entrants had to name as many caves as possible featured in the film. Thanks UK Caving and Warmbac for getting the video off to a running start.  :thumbsup:

This video was ripped off mercilessly during the rescue of the Wild Boars Football Team in Thailand in July last year, purporting to show the cave rescuers in action.  >:( I've had countless copies taken down by YouTube. Thank you YouTube, and thanks also to everyone that has watched it and made it so amazingly successful. ::)

PS. To win a starring role in a future CK Production PM me with the UK Caving username of the owner of the wellies featured in the thumbnail for this video.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 04:02:16 pm by Caver Keith »

Offline Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2019, 07:54:00 pm »
Ian demonstrates the best way to tackle the infamous corkscrew squeeze in Ogof Pen Eryr. As he says, "That was not easy. [Sigh, sigh]. I mean I made it look easy but it wasn't."

« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 08:18:19 pm by Caver Keith »

Offline chunky

• forum star
  • The Dudley, SWCC
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2019, 01:09:47 pm »
Ian demonstrates the best way to tackle the infamous corkscrew squeeze in Ogof Pen Eryr. As he says, "That was not easy. [Sigh, sigh]. I mean I made it look easy but it wasn't."

I remember being stuck on the way out of there for 20 minutes with Brendan behind me. He said later he thought he was going to have to eat his way out  :lol: