TECHNICAL FORUMS > Equipment

Underwater Drone

(1/2) > >>

paul:
This underwater drone looks like it could be very useful:

SamT:
Neat.

Winnats Head static sump?
Glory Hole and Rubicon Sumps in Baggers.

All where divers tend to stir up vis pretty quickly and so can't poke about in the holes in the choke.  I guess you can just pull this thing back out by its umbilical if (at the risk of it getting stuck of course.)  That might prove to be costly!

Fishes:
I remember us get getting a very expensive remote controlled submarine stuck down Magpie Mine - nobody seemed to call them drones back in 1989. There were a lot of worried faces and choice words before the operator finally managed to get it free.

Tomferry:
Very nice I have seen many on documentaries on under water ship wrecks they call them r.o.v”s on that I assume all the same thing . I am sure it will be useful to them   :thumbsup:

paul:

--- Quote from: Fishes on July 27, 2021, 02:07:08 pm ---I remember us get getting a very expensive remote controlled submarine stuck down Magpie Mine - nobody seemed to call them drones back in 1989. There were a lot of worried faces and choice words before the operator finally managed to get it free.

--- End quote ---

Yes - they are now called Drones. I remember Answering Machines before they became Voicemail and Self-portraits became Selfies. Maybe we should change from Caves to Underground Voids?  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version