[April 19, 2018, 05:55:53 pm]

Peak Cavern Sun 22-Apr by Cave_Troll
[April 19, 2018, 03:13:44 pm]

BCA / CNCC Supported SRT training hosted by the Craven Pothole Club by Ian P
[April 18, 2018, 08:19:13 pm]

CAN - Engineering Certainty

* ukCaving

April 13, 2018, 08:46:32 pm by mudman | Views: 355 | Comments: 2

The nightmare of the journey up from Exeter was forgotten when I walked into the house to find a parcel waiting for me with the brilliant Northern Caves book inside.
It's a hefty tome weighing in at 472 pages. Full of great descriptions with full colour photographs from some of Britain's best underground photographers, detailed location maps as well as some surveys.
This will come in very handy for our next club trip up north but until then I intend to have a good read through revisiting caves I've previously been to as well as those I'd still love to see.

Many thanks to Sam and Paul for creating such a great resource and to UK Caving for running the competition.

Now what better for an evening of armchair caving in Northern England than a bottle of a great northern ale?

Thanks all,
Mudman.
April 13, 2018, 06:05:30 pm by Badlad | Views: 811 | Comments: 18

The 'like' button has arrived!!

See what you think.... and see if you can find it  ;D
April 12, 2018, 10:33:22 am by Badlad | Views: 621 | Comments: 3

Expedition rope on offer

Following the success of last summer's sponsorship we are offering the same rope deal to summer expos.  Ukcaving are looking to target their support towards younger, hard up cavers, heading out on expeditions this summer.  We can offer up to four sponsor 'deals' of 300m of Fides 9mm SRT rope with a possible bonus of a further 200m to one lucky group.  Thanks again to our good friends at Spanset for their assistance with this offer

So how do you get hold of this rope?  Well... the more coverage your expedition gets the better it is for all your sponsors... and cavers like to hear your expedition stories..... so you're going to have to blog about your expedition on ukcaving.  What does that mean?  To apply you will have to post on the 'expeditions' board of the forum giving some history, details, hopes and objectives of your trip.  Our small panel of judges will then decide who will be successful and award your trip the rope (collectable from Ingleton area).  As part of the deal you will then give a commitment to blog about the trip on the same thread.  This must include as a minimum; a post before departure, two posts from the field and a good report upon your return.  Make it positive and fun (but not too much of the in jokes that no one else understands) and that will help with recruitment and sponsors next year.   Once the expeditions are all over our judges will choose who has made the best efforts to inform and entertain the caving public and award a final 200m of rope to one of the expeditions for future use.

Closing date for applications is 10pm 5th June. Any questions, especially about eligibility, please contact me by PM.
Pages: [1]