Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Equipment / Re: Merged topic - Spit and BP bolt removal/replacement
« Last post by mikem on Today at 08:14:07 am »
Is the document linked in last post still available elsewhere?

I was wondering if any tests had been done on resin bolts without glue, as that would model worst case fixing scenario ? (Must confess I haven't reread all 6 pages).

Also, from holes that are slightly too big, as would like to know how much wear removable bolts can cope with?

Mike
Hidden Earth & Eurospeleo / Re: Panel members wanted
« Last post by mikem on Today at 06:04:02 am »
Nah, I didn't use my buzzer (& Pete might try to sign me up for the job)

Mike
Sporting Trips in The UK / Re: Return to the UK - Welsh's Green Swallet
« Last post by mikem on Today at 06:02:29 am »
Is there anyone looking to give a second home to battered digging equipment, rusty scaff and rusty iron girders?

My guess is it's the property of the BEC...
The Dales / Re: Is Yordas a SSSI?
« Last post by adventurebarbie on Yesterday at 11:33:35 pm »
Thanks a mil for the replies folks.
Sporting Trips in The UK / Re: Return to the UK - Welsh's Green Swallet
« Last post by JoshW on Yesterday at 10:50:56 pm »
I do recall that surveying trip in Trevor's article linked above! Someone recently said they were either planning on digging or were digging it - can't remember who though, conversation was had in the Hunters though. Will ask around and PM you if i recall or find out.

Someone contacted the diggers and said no more digging to be done, so will look to do as much tidying as I can whilst down there (If you hear to the contrary let me know asap), fair old crawl to get buckets out etc so will enlist the help of some young people in return for introducing them to a mendip classic.

Is there anyone looking to give a second home to battered digging equipment, rusty scaff and rusty iron girders?

I think you can get the same experience by going to Charmouth and wallowing in a mud flow on the beach (Welsh's Green is in Jurassic limestone and all the caves I have visited in this sort of rock containi grey sticky mud eg Portland and Applecross).

Definitely right about the grey sticky claggy mud. In fact my oversuit and SRT kit are still coated in the stuff!
Peak District / Re: The Derbyshire Caver
« Last post by royfellows on Yesterday at 10:42:01 pm »
More people seem to be driving without looking where they are going, phones, satnavs and other toys etc possibly

I was hit from behind while stationary making a proper right hand turn, car a write off. Third car to be written off while stationary. I always seem to do OK out of the the other drivers insurers though. This last time they gave me a newly new Hyundai i40 for 6 weeks until I found a replacement car.
Both of the last two "I never saw you" jobs.

Not so lucky with 3 cars struck and damaged while parked and me not even in attendance.
Portland / Re: Hopeless hole - Portland
« Last post by tim.rose2 on Yesterday at 10:33:24 pm »
Or access to some of the toys used in the quarries.

We've spoke about scaff & cement but can't be bothered - the place would just become a massive engineering job.  In the case of cement I think nothing short of a concrete pump would suffice.  Ideally the whole bloody lot will fall down (when we're not in there) so we don't have to bother.  Alternatively the bit of cliff pealing off which makes Steve's Endeavour could drop (that would be a rock fall worth seeing), opening up the continuation.  This option might upset the climbers though as some of the most popular routes are on the outer wall of Steve's.

« Last post by Pete K on Yesterday at 10:31:13 pm »
OT but I can do Mike a write up if he likes!
Car hit my van as I was next to it and the van side door hit into me and flung me into verge. Amazed nothing broken, as were the A&E guys. Coppers recon at least 40mph impact. Just my luck to be hit by my own van parked legally on the straightest bit of road for miles! Other lady off to hosp in ambulance so no idea what she's like, hope okay. It'll all heal at my end and stuff can be replaced. Shame, I really liked that van, but it's a write off.
« Last post by alastairgott on Yesterday at 09:30:08 pm »
Hit by a car?!? What happened?

You said 40mph into your arm, sounds serious. But your ok?
« Last post by Pete K on Yesterday at 09:26:30 pm »
Mike, Alan B has just finished a job for DCA, tap him up for a write up!
Nothing from me for a bit as I have been busy with work and now have been hit by a bloody car today.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10