WHERE THE CAVES ARE - The Caving Regions > Devon and Cornwall

Radford Quarry

(1/1)

mrodoc:
This one is for PCG members mainly. As a matter of interest has anybody searched Radford Quarry face for caves. I am sure they must have but thought worth asking. It is now a Countryside Wildlife area on the opposite side of the lake to Radford Cave.

D.Send:
Hi mrodoc,
Back in the '60s the private quarry face was perfectly visible without going in. Nothing obvious to report though....

D.Send.

MrPlymExplorer:

--- Quote from: mrodoc on March 21, 2021, 03:04:47 pm ---This one is for PCG members mainly. As a matter of interest has anybody searched Radford Quarry face for caves. I am sure they must have but thought worth asking. It is now a Countryside Wildlife area on the opposite side of the lake to Radford Cave.

--- End quote ---

Hello Pete,

Myself and my wife searched the entire area a few weeks back and couldn't find anything. You can see many small openings where bats go, but apart from that, its just filled with water.

I believe it homes the spider "Horrid ground weaver" and due to it being a protected species, Wainhomes are unable to build anything there.

There is a way down to the Quarry via the wooded area west of the walkway to Radford Lake, but is a little slippery going down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version