OTHER STUFF > Idle Chat

What caving related thing did you do today?

<< < (90/91) > >>

pwhole:
Charged my helmet light! Oh god, it's happening, tomorrow. 60m shaft. Gulp.

Mark Wright:

--- Quote from: pwhole on April 04, 2021, 09:13:53 pm ---Charged my helmet light! Oh god, it's happening, tomorrow. 60m shaft. Gulp.

--- End quote ---

I did my first 60m shaft yesterday.

My body is feeling it today.

wellyjen:

--- Quote from: pwhole on February 21, 2021, 01:10:01 pm ---Not exactly caving-related, but certainly mining-related.

I found this in Ecclesall Woods in Sheffield yesterday, at the former site of Ryecroft Mill, stuck in the ground near the wheelpit - a large lump of slag-cemented gravel with poured lead all over it - looks like spillage from casting. The mill was definitely a smelting site at one point and is only a mile away from Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet, so I'm reasonably happy it's authentic. This would all be Peak District ore they were smelting. And another kilo of junk to add to the pile! One with flash and one without.

--- End quote ---
Sorry, pwhole, the bimetallic pound coin was only first minted in 2016 and went in to circulation in March 2017, so the lead/slag/gravel it is embedded in can only be under four years old.  :)

Badlad:
Went digging.  Digging, digging, digging - never stop, always digging.  ;D

AR:
Stripped my SRT kit down and cleaned it, though still not sure when I'll get chance to use it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version