Author Topic: Northern Explorers' Forum 2019  (Read 4802 times)

Offline braveduck

• forum star
  • Digging Bucket maker.B.P.C. Little Green Men.
    • http://www.bpc-cave.org.uk
Re: Northern Explorers' Forum 2019
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2019, 01:27:58 pm »
Would not let me pay ,utter disgrace .

Offline Alex

• forum hero
  • BRCC, UWFRA.
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2019, 01:42:54 pm »
If not using a MAC or other non-windows device (Raspberry pie?) try my suggestion with Internet Explorer on an earlier post. Otherwise PM Sam, he seems to be able to get people sorted.
Anything I say is represents my own opinion and not that of a any club/organisation that I am a member of (unless its good of course)

Offline braveduck

• forum star
  • Digging Bucket maker.B.P.C. Little Green Men.
    • http://www.bpc-cave.org.uk
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2019, 02:00:45 pm »
Sorted direct with Sam . :)

Offline megstark

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2019, 03:47:36 pm »
Me too, wish I'd read this forum page before attempting to pay!

Offline s_allshorn

• regular
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2019, 09:11:54 am »
SOLD OUT
If you don't have a ticket please don't plan to just turn up as there is a restriction on the numbers who can come into the hall. My apologies if you wished to attend but haven't been able to get a ticket. Maybe next time...

Offline CNCC

• regular
    • CNCC
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2019, 10:05:37 am »
A huge thank you to Sam for organising this event! The lecture list looks excellent and will show off northern exploration at it's finest!  :clap2:
Council of Northern Caving Clubs; Working together for northern caving since 1963

Offline s_allshorn

• regular
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2019, 10:26:23 am »
This email has been sent to everyone who I have an email address for who has a ticket.
Dear Attendee,
This is a reminder that the Northern Explorers' Forum is to take place on Sunday 7th at Clapham village hall doors open at 9am.

Can I ask that you bring a mug or cup with you for drinking tea (Yorkshire) or coffee (instant) which will be provided.

Lunch will consist of:
Selection of sandwiches (ham, beef, cheese savoury, egg mayo)
Sausage rolls
Crisps
Cheese and onion quiches for veggies
Selection of cakes and tray bakes

If you aren't able to eat this for whatever reason please bring your own lunch.

There are over 100 people attending can I therefore ask that you all, where possible share a lift into the village and then ensure that you park responsibly. There is a large national park car park in the village that charges. Please don't ignore local signs about parking in any part of Clapham around the church and outside peoples homes.

If you are planning on breakfasting in at the bunk barn in Clapham can you please let them know in advance so they can ensure they have enough food.

Many thanks
Sam Allshorn

Offline s_allshorn

• regular
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2019, 01:30:49 pm »
If you have a ticket but can't now come please let me know ASAP as there are several people who'd like to come but there isn't the space.

Offline s_allshorn

• regular
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2019, 07:31:28 pm »
Bumping this again as there are several more people after tickets. Please let me know if you can't come.

Offline Pitlamp

• forum hero
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2019, 07:14:35 pm »
The Northern Explorers' Forum took place today. A cracking event with some excellent presentations. There was talk of doing something similar in a couple of years or so; I really hope this happens.

I'd certainly like to thank Sam Allshorn for shouldering much of the work of making it happen and all the people who gave their time to entertain us all so ably.
I certainly came away inspired . . . .    :)

Offline Cavematt

• menacing presence
    • York Caving Club
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2019, 07:30:59 pm »
Couldn't agree more with what Pitlamp has said. A splendid day and some excellent talks spanning all across northern England. Thanks Sam!
York Caving Club
CNCC Secretary
BCA Secretary

Offline kay

• Not a
  • forum hero
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2019, 07:34:07 pm »
Yes, a splendid event, and the lunch alone was worth more than the entrance fee. thank you very much, Sam

Offline AMH

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2019, 08:12:00 pm »
Sam and team,
   Thanks for putting in the considerable effort required to make the NEF19 such a success. I'm looking forward to NEF21 although perhaps next time you could arrange for the weather outside not to be so nice :-) 

Well done.

AMH

Offline scurve

• menacing presence
  • BRCC
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2019, 09:33:57 pm »
Brilliant day. Thanks very much to Sam and everyone else who helped organise it. I was impressed with how smoothly everything went - with so many presentations uploaded I was prepared for a few technical glitches, but it all went very well.

Offline andys

• Outside its dropped to under zero, but I'm warm on here as a
  • forum hero
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2019, 09:06:34 am »
Yep - a great day out and thanks to all for putting it on and presenting. You'll be pleased to hear that the little bar made approx £35 profit for hall funds - which should be enough to buy a couple of new comfy chairs!
Plateaus are the highest form of flattery.

Offline Pitlamp

• forum hero
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2019, 09:26:18 am »
Great - I'm sure we'll be welcome back next time!   :thumbsup:

Offline alexchien

• regular
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2019, 05:51:09 pm »
What was the average age of the attendees then?I had to leave straight after lunch so never found out.

Offline s_allshorn

• regular
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2019, 08:27:46 pm »
Average 54.94years of a total of 5000 years with 91 peoples ages and standard deviation was 14.something.
I incorrectly told Ian it was 57, I think, sorry.

Someone else did mention that only those of 60+ should install scaffold as then they'd never have to replace it themselves!

I'd like to say a massive thank you to all the presenters for taking the time to put together such a great collection of slide shows. Also thanks to Gary, Matt, Adrian, Andy, Beardy and Holly for their help and everyone else who mucked into help.

Again Matt and Gary for the technical help and equipment. Les W and Hidden Earth for the loan of the projector. Clapham village Hall for hosting us.

Look forward to the vast amount exploration to be reported in 2021! Thank you all for coming!

Offline GarDouth

• Gary Douthwaite
  • Administrator
  • addict
  • YCC, YUCPC & NPC
    • York Caving Club
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2019, 10:58:00 pm »
Great to see so many people supporting the first Northern Explorers' Forum on Sunday. Lots of excellent talks :)

Thanks to Sam for his hard work getting it all together and to all the people that helped on Sunday. I think the plan is for it to return in 2021.
York Caving Club secretary
BCA, CNCC & HE webmaster
NPC & YUCPC member

Offline MarkS

• Global Moderator
  • forum star
  • BBPC, YCC
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2019, 07:43:16 am »
Yes, a big thanks to Sam for organising. It was a really enjoyable day with a good variety of talks. Oh, and plenty of tea, coffee, and food! Looking forward to the next one, whenever it may be.

Offline Pitlamp

• forum hero
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2019, 08:12:57 am »
A feature on the NEF is likely to be appearing in the next "Descent" magazine, so folk can see what they missed!   ;)