Author Topic: What about the beer  (Read 1216 times)

Offline RobinGriffiths

• junky
Re: What about the beer
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2020, 10:43:50 pm »
I went to the local on the day the pubs were shut, and my friend the publican was wondering what to do. He had 2 months left on the beer in the barrels, but would have to keep the chillers going at considerable cost in the hope of reopening before the whole lot went off. Not sure what he did.

I think the government should have been straighter with businesses about the duration of the lockdown.

Offline AR

• Black shadow
  • forum hero
  • PDMHS, ATAC, ANHMS
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2020, 10:51:02 pm »
My local put the call out on Facebook to come and buy takeout beer at £2 a pint if you brought your own container when the closure order came in - I went up with a half-gallon plastic cider flagon.
Dirty old mines need love too....

Offline moorebooks

• forum star
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2020, 06:38:44 am »
My local put the call out on Facebook to come and buy takeout beer at £2 a pint if you brought your own container when the closure order came in - I went up with a half-gallon plastic cider flagon.

The Joules pub  by me sold the beer off in 2 pint take away tetra type packs

Mike

Online mikem

• forum hero
  • Mendip Caving Group
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2020, 06:54:30 am »
I think the government should have been straighter with businesses about the duration of the lockdown.
Bit difficult when they are making it up as they go along - there's not really any precedents...

Offline owd git

• forum hero
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2020, 08:37:39 am »
The maths wasn't that hard looking abroad for a hint. They didn't want to risk civil  unrest. simples!
Hen racer? 2000 world hen racing champion

Online mikem

• forum hero
  • Mendip Caving Group
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2020, 09:09:52 am »
That's also true, & the need to prove it has the desired effect, before it becomes more widely acceptable.

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search