Author Topic: Castleton problems  (Read 13879 times)

Offline alastairgott

• forum hero
Re: Castleton problems
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2016, 04:06:42 pm »
Drink a gallon of Roger Wilkins' cider and you'll forget everything.....

A new technique for the Men in Black (all the mendip cavers must be aliens!)

Offline alastairgott

• forum hero
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2016, 09:03:29 pm »
the saga continues...

Dcc have deferred their decision to november due to the amount of complaints, but it would be great to get more to them :)

This week on Friday 14th October there will be a meeting of the peak district national park authority (who are also against, and will probably be putting forward planning objections).

This meeting will be open to the public and will be held at 10am, friday 14th oct.
address: Board Room, Aldern House, Barlow Road, Bakewell. DE45 1AE.

More details may be found here http://www.castletonvillage.co.uk and will probably be updated regularly.

I will try and get the day off work.

Please see item 13 on the agenda https://democracy.peakdistrict.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=132&MId=1450&Ver=4
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:14:18 pm by alastairgott »

Offline heavypetal

« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2016, 12:57:46 pm »
Submitted another rejection letter to Mike Ashworth! Al, I'm free on Friday more or less, let me know if you're stuck or want to travel over.

Offline alastairgott

• forum hero
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2016, 02:36:30 pm »
Terry, I've now secured the day off. thinking of Staying out, then at least I save a bit of time travelling in the morning rush (Glossop and Stockport can both be a pain in the morning).

Item number 13 (I guess) will be heard later on.

If anyone wants to send any more objections to the meeting of the Planners (for the national park) then let me know.

Their document (for the agenda) already seems to be quite comprehensive but if you have any ideas of any things they've missed then it would be great to hear them.  see linked agenda item 13 here https://democracy.peakdistrict.gov.uk/documents/s13204/TN.pdf

Offline alastairgott

• forum hero
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2016, 10:09:59 am »
Item 13 starts at about 3pm, they say that's an estimate, so I'll return at 2pm to see what's what.

Offline alastairgott

• forum hero
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2016, 10:50:50 pm »
A good meeting. 4 castleton residents attending, plus me. 2 were parish council and others were there due to other planning concerns.

All in all, as said, a good meeting. A "stong opposition" will be put forward from pdnpa.

Offline mch

• obsessive maniac
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2016, 11:27:03 pm »
All in all, as said, a good meeting. A "stong opposition" will be put forward from pdnpa.

Well, that's a positive. Well done for taking the trouble to attend the meeting and report back.

Offline Pitlamp

• forum hero
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2016, 07:44:05 am »
Well done Alastair and thanks for all your efforts to bury this iniquitous proposal.

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search