Author Topic: St Valentines Sump- Survex information  (Read 1544 times)

Offline alastairgott

• QWERTY abusing
  • forum hero
  • Live in Hope, Die in a Vein
    • CURB Hope Valley Parking Restrictions
Re: St Valentines Sump- Survex information
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 03:34:51 pm »
This is a geologically complex area, right on the eastern most tip of that block of reef limestone, and a hydrologically complex area, with vadose and phreatic features showing multiple stages of development. Need to get more of it 3D surveyed before committing too much time anywhere.

Hmm yes, I've heard that reef limestone does provide some very interesting Hydrology. But I guess once you've got out of the reef, Castleton Patterns will start to emerge again. NW-SE development much like Whirlpool, Assault Course and Pilkingtons. and other telltale patterns.

Life's quite busy even without Children, I don't know how you manage!

I'll pull my finger out when I can to help with the survey of Valentines. My PDA needs all the .Net things installing in the right order and I've got some other bits on order, but still have a borrowed Disto, so should be able to get on it as soon as I make some time!
 This weekend looks unlikely.

Offline Rob

• forum hero
  • The Eldon
    • My Photos
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 03:37:56 pm »
My PDA needs all the .Net things installing in the right order and I've got some other bits on order....
Give up and upgrade to TopoDroid and your life will be much better  :thumbsup:
The end is where we start....

Offline JonP

• obsessive maniac
  • Eldon
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2018, 01:31:16 pm »

Offline T pot 2

• stalker
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2018, 04:14:34 pm »
The camp at the top was used by myself and tony revell when we dug at the top over many years. What appears to be drain pipe is 1/2" BSP steam pipe, if you ccan extract it from the huge boulder that trapped it you will find that there are 3 lengths connected together with barrel nipples, we used it for poking up into the choke. The crabs and ropes in the photos were placed in situ in 1986.
If anyone is interested the flat faced boulder at the left bottom of the choke came from 6mtrs higher than it is now. Above it is an open space 6 x 3mtrs. We gave up because we couldn't find any 'nobel' to sort it out.
T