Author Topic: Caving Video Clips thread  (Read 60411 times)

Offline Judi Durber

• forum star
Re: Caving Video Clips thread
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2015, 02:00:30 pm »
brilliant watch   :thumbsup: Well done Chris & team    :bow:
We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life waiting for us.

Offline Gibbonda

« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2015, 09:10:58 pm »
Ogof Ffynnon Ddu, South Wales. What a cave!!! Filmed on Saturday just gone. Wrote the music and edited on Sunday. So many highlights: The air-walk, the letterbox, the streamway, the dodgy climbs, the pots in the stream, the huge caverns,the formations. Can't wait to go back. Hope you enjoy the video. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCjg6ii5-Pc&feature=youtu.be   

Offline Pegasus

• NCC
  • Administrator
  • forum hero
« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2015, 09:45:06 pm »
Not been down OFD for years - now I want to go back, excellent video, thanks for posting  :thumbsup:

Online Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
Caving Video: A Trip to Moss Chamber in Peak Cavern
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2015, 05:05:02 pm »
For your delectation and delight the latest production from the Dudley Caving Club Film Unit has just been released.
A excursion to Moss Chamber in Peak Cavern is one of the UK's classic caving trips.

Offline Ian Adams

• forum hero
  • UCET
    • UCET Caving Club (North Wales)
« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2015, 11:38:27 am »

A door, once opened, may be stepped through in either direction.

Offline falconjosh

• PDCMG Officer & Aberystwyth Caving Club
    • Crawl Pedal Splash youtube page
« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2015, 07:10:12 pm »
Hi cavers
Here is two of videos from a couple weekends back, when Aberystwyth Caving Club visited South Wales. The first video shows the Ogof Daren Cilau through trip, while the second trip is of Ogof Craig Y Ffynnon. Hope you all enjoy them and let me know what you think.
Daren Cilau:
Craig Y Ffynnon:
Crawl Pedal Splash Youtuber
PDCMG Conservation Officer
Member of Aberystwyth Caving Club

Offline D.Snaith

• DCMEG, DCUC, PCG, MCG, Devon CRO Member
  • regular
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2015, 03:59:37 pm »
A recent exploratory trip in a mine in devon...
Achieving deep penetration since 2011

Online Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2015, 09:09:15 pm »
Dudley Caving Club has two talented cave photographers, Mark Burkey and Brendan Marris. Over the years they have both taken some amazing cave photographs (many of which have appeared on UKC), but when a trip to Ogof Gofan was being planned they both decided to try and capture something a little different. A shortly to be released video will document their success, or otherwise, in pushing the boundaries of cave photography, not the mention pushing the patience of their victims models.

Consummate photographers they might be, but put them in front of a video camera and . . . . . . well best watch this short promo video and judge for yourself if their projects stood any chance of success.

The release date for the finished video is scheduled for Monday 28th September 2015.

Online Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
Caver Keith is Back Underground
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2016, 02:44:23 pm »

Last time he went caving Keith had a nasty fall which resulted in a 3 week stay in the major trauma unit in Southmead Hospital, Bristol, where 3 surgical teams assembled around his bed and vied to be first to get him into the operating theatre, and where this conversation was overheard, "Caver Keith, caver, a man barely alive. Gentlemen and ladies, we can re-build him, we have the technology, we have the capability to make the world's first bionic caver. Caver Keith will be that caver, better than he was before, better, stronger, faster."

After 6 months of convalescence Keith doesn’t feel that he is ready to go caving again, but his mates have a different idea and with mates like these .....

What cunning plan do they have to get him back underground?     Does it succeed?    What could possibly go wrong?     Or was it all a dream after all?

Caver Keith's Back Underground - A Film by Caver Keith

Offline Wormy

• player
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2016, 03:54:18 pm »
New pot found this summer in weardale, conservative estimate of about 20 meters deep at the moment but links to another large aven at the bottom and appears to have some horizontal development. 

Offline Simon Wilson

• forum hero
    • IC Resin Anchor
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2017, 07:15:38 am »
Can some explain how to post videos and make them appear as an image rather than just a link.

Offline MarkS

• Global Moderator
  • forum star
  • BBPC, YCC
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2017, 08:32:23 am »
Can some explain how to post videos and make them appear as an image rather than just a link.

If you remove the "s" from the https:// then it should embed automatically, e.g. with Wormy's video above, using

Code: [Select]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxG2IXjFLxo
results in:

! No longer available

Online Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2017, 09:36:15 am »

If you remove the "s" from the https:// then it should embed automatically, e.g. with Wormy's video above, using

results in:

! No longer available
It has not been possible to embed videos in this thread for several years as any attempt to do so using the 's' removal technique results in a system generated message saying that the embedding has been disabled due to a limit having been reached. It is possible to embed videos in most other forums.
In order to play embedded videos the Adobe Flash player needs to be installed and an increasing number of people are rejecting Flash due to its vulnerability to malware. For more information read http://www.computerweekly.com/opinion/Why-HTML5-must-replace-Flash, however this forum software does not currently support HTML 5.

Offline MarkS

• Global Moderator
  • forum star
  • BBPC, YCC
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2017, 09:50:00 am »

results in:

! No longer available
It has not been possible to embed videos in this thread for several years as any attempt to do so using the 's' removal technique results in a system generated message saying that the embedding has been disabled due to a limit having been reached. It is possible to embed videos in most other forums.
In order to play embedded videos the Adobe Flash player needs to be installed and an increasing number of people are rejecting Flash due to its vulnerability to malware. For more information read http://www.computerweekly.com/opinion/Why-HTML5-must-replace-Flash, however this forum software does not currently support HTML 5.

You sound much more knowledgeable than I am on this subject, but the video embeds in my post above on my browser...is that not the case for everyone?

Online Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2017, 10:01:57 am »
You sound much more knowledgeable than I am on this subject, but the video embeds in my post above on my browser...is that not the case for everyone?

I've had the embedding limit reached message for some time now. I had assumed it applied to every forum user but apparently it doesn't. It looks like it's over to the tech team now.

Offline Cryptic

• regular
    • Off Gassing diving forum
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2019, 08:19:07 am »
Play list of some video I've shot

Rediscovering caving after years away.

I was hoping for a battle of wits, but you appear to unarmed.

You're funny. I'll kill you last.