WHERE THE CAVES ARE - The Caving Regions > Mendip

Bos Swallet, rallying for help.

(1/4) > >>

mikekushy:
Hi, we're looking for some assistance in Bos swallet on Burrington if anyone is interested.

The dig is looking interesting, there's a black draughting hole at the bottom of a steep rift about 2m ahead with a phreatic tube coming in vertically and directly above it.

So I'm available most evenings and super keen to push on with it, there's also a stack of staged spoil to clear and plenty of wall building (so it's not a sit around twiddling your thumbs dig).

If you're intrigued and would like to get involved send me a Pm.

Regards, Mike.

mrodoc:
If we weren't involved in our current project I would be happy to lend a hand. I prefer daytime though as I live an hour's drive from Mendip and I am getting older!

mikekushy:

--- Quote from: mrodoc on August 16, 2021, 11:01:26 am ---If we weren't involved in our current project I would be happy to lend a hand. I prefer daytime though as I live an hour's drive from Mendip and I am getting older!

--- End quote ---

Thanks Pete. Will keep that in mind, busy with work currently so daytimes aren't too good for me.

If you fancy a look though, be our guest...plenty of stone wall building to do and spoil to clear out ;) please just be mindful of the wire left in situ.

Best mention its not a long way jn but the exit is very strenuous as it is a steep cave as mentioned.

PeteHall:

--- Quote from: mikekushy on August 16, 2021, 12:25:26 pm ---Best mention its not a long way jn but the exit is very strenuous

--- End quote ---

I'll second that! It's an absolute twat on the way out and not for the large-framed either.

There's presumably a reason nobody spotted the open black hole behind a boulder for 30 years  :lol:

It's a great prospect though, the cave has a larger historic catchment than the other caves up there (Bath, Rod's, Drunkard's) and a stronger draught, but it's currently the smallest of the lot.  :thumbsup:

As Kushy says, plenty to do and the dig can work with between 2 and 5 people at the moment, so don't be shy  :dig:

PeteHall:
Good session last night (though I may have broken the tip of my finger :'( ), we even have some formations in the roof now.

Pictures to follow when I get home and plug in the camera.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version