TECHNICAL FORUMS > Equipment

Sock sag question

(1/5) > >>

Pitlamp:
Does anyone else find that wool socks in wellies migrate down and bunch up under your feet? This is a minor irritation normally but if you're carrying a 50 kg rucsack, which is difficult to take off and on, it becomes quite a problem.

Anyone know any easy solutions? (Wearing two pairs of socks rather than just one seems to help but isn't 100% successful.)

wellyjen:
Here you go:
https://www.fogeyunlimited.co.uk/product-category/accessories/sock-suspenders-garters/
 :)

Pitlamp:
I didn't think "Home of the elegant gentleman" websites were intended fior scruffy potholers like me!  :lol:

wellyjen:
It could be a whole new market for them. Elegant double breasted oversuits in a narrow pin stripe. Wellington boot polish. Cravats instead of buffs for neck warmth. Cuff links to stop water running down your arms on wet climbs.

aricooperdavis:
This tends to happen to me when I'm wearing the wrong size shoe - something about the movement of my foot in the shoe seems to cause the problem. Could you wear a low profile insole in your wellie? There's some discussion of the problem on The Great Outdoors StackExchange (a good resource for this type of question).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version