Author Topic: The underground route out of lockdown  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Brains

• forum hero
Re: The underground route out of lockdown
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2021, 05:52:43 pm »
March 29th fast approaching. Travel ban is being lifted and meeting in groups of upto 6 or two family groups will be permitted out doors...
Anyone else planning on an easy caving trip to start getting back in shape?
Obviously no pubs or cafes yet, but a few take away venues may be operating...

Offline PeteHall

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • ChCC, WCC, SWCC, WCDG
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2021, 06:06:42 pm »
My local diving centre is reopening on the 29th, so I've booked the day off work for a swim.

I'll probably get out caving at the weekend, but not planned anything specific yet...

Offline Badlad

• Administrator
  • forum hero
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2021, 06:25:36 pm »
I'm lucky enough to be local to several caves so am able to exercise underground anyway.  Very much looking forwards to seeing more of my caving mates around though.  The pubs might be closed for a while yet but the Damson Tree is opening on 29th.  Taking bookings already  ;) :beer2: ;D

Offline PeteHall

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • ChCC, WCC, SWCC, WCDG
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2021, 06:54:44 pm »
The pubs might be closed for a while yet

I have heard that there are other options if the pubs are closed.  ;)

Offline Down and beyond

• menacing presence
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2021, 06:34:36 am »
I am really hoping to get up to peak cavern to speedwell cavern have never been before and watched so many videos am really excited about going !!!

Offline Pitlamp

• forum hero
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2021, 06:53:59 pm »
Was a consensus ever arrived at as to whether we can actually travel from 29th March?
(I have a close relative in a care home whom I've not been allowed to travel to see since Christmas day.) I'm slightly struggling to get my head around the rules / guidance / law or whatever it is. Don't want to do anything I'm not supposed to.

Offline Brains

• forum hero
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2021, 07:20:00 pm »
Travel
The ‘stay at home’ rule will end on 29 March but many restrictions will remain in place. People should continue to work from home where they can and minimise the number of journeys they make where possible, avoiding travel at the busiest times and routes. Travel abroad will continue to be prohibited, other than for a small number of permitted reasons. Holidays abroad will not be allowed, given it will remain important to manage the risk of imported variants and protect the vaccination programme. The government has launched a new taskforce to review global travel which will report on 12 April.

from https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-response-spring-2021/covid-19-response-spring-2021-summary
IMHO caving is an outdoor pursuit, and travelling "off peak" to do so does seem to be allowed? Six socially distanced people / two families are who you can meet with...
What am I missing or getting wrong?

Offline Cap'n Chris

• forum hero
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2021, 07:26:25 pm »
Travel
The ‘stay at home’ rule will end on 29 March

It's a rule, not a law. Therefore you should already have been exercising your liberties as you see fit.

Offline Pitlamp

• forum hero
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2021, 07:58:02 pm »
Travel
The ‘stay at home’ rule will end on 29 March

It's a rule, not a law. Therefore you should already have been exercising your liberties as you see fit.

:shrug:   :doubt:

Offline Alex

• forum hero
  • BRCC, UWFRA.
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2021, 08:21:50 pm »
If you have the vaccine Pitlamp, then your risk to that person I would expect be quite low. So it's entirely down to your conscience, not the bloody clowns we call the government.
Anything I say is represents my own opinion and not that of a any club/organisation that I am a member of (unless its good of course)

Offline NewStuff

• Gobby McGobface
  • junky
  • www.dddwhcc.com
    • Deep Dark Dirty WetHoles
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2021, 08:26:11 pm »

Rules aren't really you're forte when you're being restricted by them and not enforcing them on others, eh "Smiley Allen"....
Permission? Wassat den?

Offline Fjell

• forum star
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2021, 08:40:52 pm »
You have been able to visit care homes for this whole period. It is an approved purpose if that is your thing. One nominated person can now actually go inside properly with tests/ppe, others can use whatever facility is made available (glass screens etc). It is up to each care home how this does (or possibly doesn’t) work.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/visiting-care-homes-during-coronavirus/update-on-policies-for-visiting-arrangements-in-care-homes

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal