ORGANISATIONS > Council of Higher Education Caving Clubs

CHECC Covid Newsletter

(1/2) > >>

Maddoghouse:
Here it is, it is here – the CHECC Coronavirus Newsletter!
We have had several great submissions on a variety of entertaining cave related topics! A perfect read for some additional underground inspiration as we enter a post-lockdown world! A massive thanks to all those who submitted an article.

I hope you enjoy reading this as much as we did putting it together!!!

Cheers,
Jacob
(CHECCretary)

Pegasus:
Logo looks really good, oodles of content, and a lot of work has gone into this...kudos.

--- Quote ---You can see evidence of the caving community everywhere: from the hours of volunteer conservation work, to the cavers who haven’t been underground in years chatting on UKC, to the guys at CHECC getting up at 5am to cook a massive breakfast for hungover students. All of these speak to a deep love of caving and cavers within the UK scene.
--- End quote ---

...however looks like we have an image problem  :'(

2xw:
Genuinely a fantastic newsletter that made me laugh out loud in several places. A great vision of the strength of the student caving scene and an ode to quality shitposting - and yet also cited Aristotle. What's not to love.

EFRESHW:
It's so cool to see this, I really loved the obvious hard work and effort that went into it. thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to write a piece, too!  :hug:  feeling ~blessed~

JoshW:
That's absolutely superb guys.

Great content in a great format.

--- Quote from: Pegasus on April 07, 2021, 11:13:07 am ---Logo looks really good, oodles of content, and a lot of work has gone into this...kudos.

--- Quote ---You can see evidence of the caving community everywhere: from the hours of volunteer conservation work, to the cavers who haven’t been underground in years chatting on UKC, to the guys at CHECC getting up at 5am to cook a massive breakfast for hungover students. All of these speak to a deep love of caving and cavers within the UK scene.
--- End quote ---

...however looks like we have an image problem  :'(

--- End quote ---

I actually read this in a positive spin (whether it was meant it or not), that people who join the caving community never really leave it even long after they've stopped caving..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version