Author Topic: Matlock Parking  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Pete K

• Pete Knight
  • forum hero
  • DCA, TSG, DCRO, PDMHS, DCMC, YSS
    • Peak Instruction
Re: Matlock Parking
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2021, 12:15:46 pm »
I have drafted a letter to Derbyshire Dales DC which I'm getting checked over by DCA and PICA right now. This is aimed to highlight that they have excluded a large group of users from the area and had a negative impact on the ability of some users (Scouts groups and outdoor education centres) ability to use Devonshire Mine now there is no parking for vans coaches and minibuses. I have also pointed out the drop in car park revenue and the increase in parking on residential streets that is likely to occur in future. I imagine PDMHS are considering a response themselves as they also have the issue of a potential loss of custom through a drop in museum visitors if coaches cannot park locally.
If you have any other points that you think are worth me highlighting feel free to PM me. Once the letter has been double checked and edited, I'll post it here along with a link to who to send it to. I'd then encourage as many people as possible to send it in to DDDC as well in either it's original form or in your own wording. The more letters and complaints they get, the more likely they are to listen.

Offline ttxela2

• menacing presence
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2021, 01:56:53 pm »
 :'(

My small motorhome will almost certainly not fit under any height barriers as it has an overcab bed despite being small enough to fit in most single parking spaces. I often visit Matlock while camping nearby and don't mind paying for parking but it sounds a bit less hospitable now.... :shrug:

Offline tdobson

• Tim Dobson
  • addict
  • The Caving Crew
    • Caving Gear Exchange UK
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2021, 10:36:03 pm »
I have drafted a letter to Derbyshire Dales DC which I'm getting checked over by DCA and PICA right now. This is aimed to highlight that they have excluded a large group of users from the area and had a negative impact on the ability of some users (Scouts groups and outdoor education centres) ability to use Devonshire Mine now there is no parking for vans coaches and minibuses. I have also pointed out the drop in car park revenue and the increase in parking on residential streets that is likely to occur in future. I imagine PDMHS are considering a response themselves as they also have the issue of a potential loss of custom through a drop in museum visitors if coaches cannot park locally.

Thanks - I'd be happy to write to them too.

Offline owd git

• forum hero
« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 08:14:33 am »
coaches can still park in the coach park adjacent to the railway car park. will no doubt be the response Pete.  :thumbsup: Ric'.
Hen racer? 2000 world hen racing champion

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal