TECHNICAL FORUMS > Equipment

Wrap around LED head band

(1/3) > >>

Brains:
https://luxlivn.com/collections/tools-hardware/products/gobeam-230-led-headlamp
Saw this pop up on my news feed, wondered what the rest of you thought? Rubber head band and wrap around 230 deg illumination plus spot light, 8 hours burn time, supposedly mud and waterproof with USB recharge. Washable under a tap / in a river? Not sure of the motion sensor mode control...

Gimmick or gadget?  :-\
If it works could be useful

Tomferry:
It reminds me of my first ever headtorch just without a centre strap and the rest is built into the band Instead of a traditional style also it looks a very compact design , I guess some one might have it as a back up torch ? Not myself though prefer my detachable head torch the  wow tac a2s for my spare torch .

Mr Mike:

--- Quote from: Brains on July 20, 2021, 11:59:46 am ---
Gimmick or gadget?  :-\
If it works could be useful

--- End quote ---

Gimmick ! Its IP64 or as the Chinese are fond of writing IPX4. So if you wash it in a river I would say goodbye to it. You need IP67 to do that. Save your money and get something known.

PeteHall:

--- Quote from: Brains on July 20, 2021, 11:59:46 am ---8 hours burn time
--- End quote ---

Given that it seems to be running on a button battery, it can't be very bright to last 8 hours, or even the 3 hours it claims for full power!

ZombieCake:
There doesn't seem to be an address on their website, so that's an alarm bell.  Probably just as bad as one of those useless 'wonder super mega better than everything scope' things.  Concept is interesting, but likely a low grade product.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version