TECHNICAL FORUMS > Equipment

Layering V Furry suit

(1/1)

JAA:
I have a feeling this has been asked before but..

I’m tending slightly towards the idea of layered up clothing rather than a furry as a compromise and for a little more tailored climate control on longer trips.

What are folks using as trousers? Sallopete wise a lot of stuff seems rather bulky and geared more towards skiing.

Any tips and recommendations welcome!

Oscar Doyle:
Powerstretch sallopettes and a fleece top is what I've been using. I've got the Mountain Equipment ones, which they don't seem to make anymore, but Rab do a very similar version. Bit on the pricy side but versatile so can be used for Mountaineering etc as well.

aricooperdavis:
O'Three also do fleece base salopettes/top for a decent price. Probably pretty warm though as they're designed for drysuit users.

AlexR:
Powerstretch bibs/ sallopettes from Rab & co are very good but come at an eye watering price, I’ve got a set from Taimen though they don’t seem to do that exact model any more. That’s them, search „bibs“:
https://www.taimen.com/en/ue/search_results

To be honest I’ve gone back to my ancient warmbac furry, I tend to overheat so the fact it’s worn very thin suits me. I’d use the bibs and a powerstretch top occasionally when I’m expecting to get cold (I’ve sewn a crotch strap on to stop it riding up), but mostly favour carrying a cheapo ‚gimp mac‘ waterproof with me now.

Tomferry:
I get to hot also very easily so I thought I would throw my opinion in , i usually under my warmbac oversuit wear shorts and a t shirt , majority of the time I am completely fine with this ! , they are a absolutely ruined but I think it’s personal choice ! For clothing .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version