NEWS, NOTICES & THE FORUM > Sponsors & Competitions
Who won the Exped bag??
WHO WON THE EXPED BAG WORTH £100+??
These bags are blummin brilliant, ideal for expeditions (which hopefully we be happening again one day)
Prize donation by UKCAVING.COM ;D
Thanks so much to everyone who entered this competition. I loved reading the entries ;D
My favourites and hence on the short list were:
1) hoehlenforscher - the goose, if you haven't read about the goose, do! :lol:
2) howardlimbert - poor white mouse.... :(
3) scurve - prussicking with a viper, class :o
4) Cap'n Chris - creep crawlies and indeed they were ;D
5) Paulf - Blue leaf cave plant - fantastic, would love to know more.
6) Tangent-tracker - entomopathogenic fungi, fascinating, thanks for posting!
7) Mr Mike - frogs and fungi, we've all seen these underground and I liked the photos
8) Mark - the eels, shudder :o
9) Lumenchild - mould, though rather pretty ;D
10) Ar/pwhole (you'll have to fight over the bag if random picks you!) - otters and their footprints, jealous....
11) Leclused - Badger, reminded me of when I was down Poachers and a hurt badger had fallen down the entrance while we were underground, it was NOT happy and getting past it to get out was nerve wracking. Fortunatley one of the cavers with us was from badger rescue, so did.
12) Leclused - blue lobster, well I never...
13) Mrodoc - fungus, fab photo ;D
Over to random.org.....
...and the winner is 1 - hoehlenforscher, congratulations!!
Please PM me to arrange collection/delivery/caverpost
Once again, thanks to you All for taking part, really have enjoyed this comp ;D
Well I must say, having just taken possession of the Exped bag, I am extremely impressed with the quality and details. This is a great bit of kit that will be pressed into use next week on a trip to the Pyrenees (MTBing not caving, but heyho). Can I just offer a huge thank you to Pegasus for organising these competitions and for providing such great prizes. If anyone hasn't had a go at entering a competition yet, give the next one a go. You never know, and without people having a go there would be no point in anyone going to the trouble of organising them!
So pleased he/she won. It had all the elements of a great story. I did think there was an alternative reason for the presence of the goose. Somebody had obviously read about water tracing using animals (long history of burnt naked and otherwise creatures emerging far from their point of entry) so this could have been a goose trace in which case somebody now thinks LNRC must loop round on itself!
See here for he goose story:
 Message Index
Main MenuForum Home Help Search