WHERE THE CAVES ARE - The Caving Regions > The Dales

Bad air / pollution / bad bolts / etc

(1/9) > >>

bubba:

This topic only for updates on current alerts. Keep all discussion regarding any particular alert to seperate topics please.

Glenn:
CNCC has been informed that there is a "very" loose anchor on Elizabeth pitch in King Pot. None of the anchors in King are ECO anchors, so it is not covered by the BCA/CNCC anchor scheme.

Take care!

Cheers,

Glenn

GT:
I was down Tathem Wife and Rowten recently and in both pots several of the lower pitches had bolts that where certainly borderline; movement of 2mm+. One of the bolts at the head of the ramp pitch in Tathem could be pulled out a little!! There is a 8mm spit near it thats still got some thread on it so at least it can be backed up...

CNCC have been informed...

langcliffe:

--- Quote from: GT on March 09, 2010, 07:39:17 am ---One of the bolts at the head of the ramp pitch in Tathem could be pulled out a little!! There is a 8mm spit near it thats still got some thread on it so at least it can be backed up...

--- End quote ---

I didn't know that there was an ecobolt at the head of the ramp in Tatty - I always use the chockstone as a belay. We did notice last week one bolt that was loose at the head of one pitch (the third, I believe), but we deemed it safe enough pro tem.

It tends to take longer to remove a "duff" bolt than it does to insert one from scratch.

Glenn:

--- Quote from: GT on March 09, 2010, 07:39:17 am ---
CNCC have been informed...

--- End quote ---

Who within CNCC did you inform?

We are aware of "loose" anchors on the traverse to the final pitch in Rowten and they were tested to 10Kn in summer 2009 and were deemed OK - that is, even though they appear "loose" they would not come out at 10Kn.

Glenn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version