TECHNICAL FORUMS > Cave Conservation

Balls deep in conservation!

(1/2) > >>

chunky:
So today was something a little different. After a quick dive through the Resurgence Sump, Peak Cavern. Myself, Martin Wright and Geoff Ward headed in to 'The School Room' This is a circular air bell near the entrance of the sump. Apparently some years ago, after filming in peak cavern, a flood pushed debris in the form of thousands of polystyrene balls in to the Aven.
Today the three of us set about trying to remove them with a combination of brushing and throwing water to remove them off the walls and then scooping them up with net bags. It will require a few visits to get them all, but a pretty good start none the less.

T pot 2:
Well done guys👍

Pete K:
Top effort for a tidy up, well done!

Pitlamp:
Well done fellas.  :thumbsup:

Out of interest, is this artefact still in that sump? I took this photograph 4 or 5 years ago and suggested at the time it ought to be removed. At the time there was a lot of training going on in there and the general feeling was it acted as a useful landmark. It's a really beautiful underwater passage and I think this spoils the ambience somewhat. If it is still there, could it come out now?

chunky:

--- Quote from: Pitlamp on November 01, 2020, 05:24:38 pm ---Well done fellas. 

Out of interest, is this artefact still in that sump? I took this photograph 4 or 5 years ago and suggested at the time it ought to be removed. At the time there was a lot of training going on in there and the general feeling was it acted as a useful landmark. It's a really beautiful underwater passage and I think this spoils the ambience somewhat. If it is still there, could it come out now?

--- End quote ---
Pretty sure it was removed when the rest of the xmas stuff was cleared out....perhaps by Tim and Colin? though I'm not 100% who did the clean up.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version