Author Topic: Shetland Attack Pony  (Read 17159 times)

furbrain

Re: Shetland Attack Pony
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2008, 11:16:04 am »
Sorry for not answering your calls - I've been in surgery this morning! The website is down, but I am hoping it should be up and running soon. If its not running by the end of today, I'll sort out an alternative site for hosting drivers etc.

For the meantime, you can contact me on: beardydoc <at> googlemail <dit> com

furbrain

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2008, 03:19:02 pm »
Ok, website is back up now.

Phil

PS if anyone has any questions about the SAP, please email me; I don't check this forum terribly often.

PPS if you were worrying that I was unwell - I am a doctor; I was working in a GP surgery today!

jguarro

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2008, 11:57:11 am »
OK, thanks to Carmen, and Phil I have been able to download the Ponytrainer software and diver, it's now running on my PC, and I can have access to the stored data etc.

I see that in the "File" menu there is the option to "Reset Leg Count", but in my unit it does nothing at all (no reset of the leg count), Am I doing anything wrong?

Thank's
Josep

furbrain

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2008, 03:33:53 pm »
No, you're not doing anything wrong. That menu item doesn't currently do anything - that should be fixed with the upcoming
firmware and PonyTrainer upgrade (which will include support for 400g surveying).

Going back to an earlier question. If you have calibrated a pony with a compass that points to magnetic north, the pony will read magnetic north. If you calibrate it with a compass values with respect to true or grid north, then your pony will read true north or grid north only for that place and time - it will drift off true/grid north as the magnetic pole moves. It is therefore simpler to calibrate it with respect to magnetic north.

Phil