Author Topic: Bad air / pollution / bad bolts / etc  (Read 39578 times)

Offline al

• obsessive maniac
Re: Hillocks / Knotlow
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2019, 11:23:15 pm »
Paper in the ammo box is damp and the biros wont write, suggest pencils or crayons?

What was the date of your trip? I replaced the biros with divers' waterproof pencils two weeks ago on 13/08/19. Was the air OK??

If you have comments on the air quality in Knotlow/Hillocks and you can't write it in the log for whatever reason - or it really needs reporting urgently - please email gasman@thedca.org.uk
Old ... but not old enough to know any better

Offline Brains

• forum hero
Re: Bad air / pollution / bad bolts / etc
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2019, 10:14:28 am »
Hi Alan,
It would heve been before you changed them, so I gave up trying to update on subsequent visits... I will endeavour to check every time and add an update
No bad air (other than decaying lemmings!) since at least Christmas 2018

Offline Scud

• addict
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2019, 11:04:26 am »
If a place is in need of P bolts, you need to email the details to Bob Dearman, who is currently DCA equipment officer, with all the information and he will do what he needs to do, to get them potentially installed. Contact details on DCA website.

Wayne

Offline Brains

• forum hero
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2019, 11:20:51 am »
Thanks, message sent

Offline Brains

• forum hero
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2019, 04:59:51 pm »
Masson Cavern
Be aware that on a recent discrete visit on which we encountered no access issues, we went in through the crawls to the coffin level into the bigger workings. We passed over the head of a small internal shaft that has P bolts for a traverse line and hand lines down the hand dug shaft itself. I am told this is called "Pasture Shaft." There is a thick "gym" rope rigged down the shaft belayed to a bolt in the lip of the shaft. The bolt appears good, as does the shackle on the spliced eye. However, the two are joined by what resembles a paper clip, albeit a sturdy one, but still a paper clip! Should be OK for skinnies and children...  :o
Incidentally the crawls were quite wet - half full in places, including a flat out crawl that involved a soaking, and streams were running through the passages in places