Author Topic: winnats Head survey?  (Read 7848 times)

Offline benshannon

• player
  • NUCC
Re: winnats Head survey?
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2019, 07:54:50 pm »
A friend and I would be keen to help out with any digs going on 😁

Offline Wardy

• player
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2019, 09:48:25 pm »
in reply to Robs comment re the water re appearing, I spent quite a significant amount of time checking that lower streamy to see if it re appeared and could find no evidence.
As only one streamway has been tested and that is the one going through the sewer I suggested it got re tested and as you say it would be easy to see if the join up prior to sump level.
As pwhole points out it is a very interesting place and I can't wait to hear of progress.
Pete

Offline Tseralo

• player
  • TSG
    • louisemcmahon.co.uk
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2019, 04:37:54 pm »
Im more than happy to help with pumping/digging projects in there!

Offline SamT

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
    • The Eldon Pothole Club
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2019, 04:51:22 pm »
in reply to Robs comment re the water re appearing, I spent quite a significant amount of time checking that lower streamy to see if it re appeared and could find no evidence.
As only one streamway has been tested and that is the one going through the sewer I suggested it got re tested and as you say it would be easy to see if the join up prior to sump level.
As pwhole points out it is a very interesting place and I can't wait to hear of progress.
Pete

So the water falling down the pitches, and into the lowest sump was never dye tested.

Only the water trickling through the Sewer and into sinking just the other side??

:blink:

I mean we all know it'll most likely end up in whirlpool rising. but you never know.

Online alastairgott

• forum hero
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2019, 05:50:27 pm »

Wardy explained the circumstances when I saw him the other week. and we discussed that it probably needed a retest with the two colours of dye thrown into the two outlets, so the line from WHC (between p12 and BJC) probably needs re-doing. (still I wouldn't sniff at 766.66m straight line to whirlpool rising, under Rowter hole).

I'm keen to help repair the circumstances which led to the dye test, which is why I really want this to be a fully inclusive project.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 06:08:44 pm by alastairgott »

Online pwhole

• forum hero
  • TSG, DCA, PDMHS
    • Phil Wolstenholme website
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2019, 06:21:19 pm »
That diagram is definitely gonna need an update soon. There's a few new routes appeared since 1991 ;)

Online alastairgott

• forum hero
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2019, 08:49:08 pm »
free on the internet is still free, with or without titan :)

Online pwhole

• forum hero
  • TSG, DCA, PDMHS
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2019, 12:24:56 am »
An interesting one is that Peakshole Sough wasn't then classified as an outlet, which we now know is, and quite a peculiar one as the water's coming into the passage near the tail, rather than the inner end, as one would expect from a sough. It's hopeless at that job. This water comes upwards, in the floor near the exit. The water falling down from the roof at the blue vein junction I suspect is direct percolation from the Goosehill fields, but the input from the floor is definitely not.

Offline benshannon

• player
  • NUCC
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2020, 07:54:07 pm »
Hey guys, some nav help please.

I went down Winnats again today. Where on earth is the harpur hill series? I went into an ascending phreatic tube on the right coming done Cornwall avenue bit it didnt seem to go anywhere so my only other thinking is it's in the boulder choke somewhere in fox chamber? I can't find a survey any where with the HH series on so any help would be gratefully received.

Offline Goydenman

• Black Sheep Digger
  • junky
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2020, 10:26:14 pm »
Hey guys, some nav help please.

I went down Winnats again today. Where on earth is the harpur hill series? I went into an ascending phreatic tube on the right coming done Cornwall avenue bit it didnt seem to go anywhere so my only other thinking is it's in the boulder choke somewhere in fox chamber? I can't find a survey any where with the HH series on so any help would be gratefully received.
Part way down Cornwall Avenue on the right. Traverse out using two bedding planes almost into Fox chamber easily then make awkward move over boulder and squeeze into passage that open out...Harper Hill Series

Offline benshannon

• player
  • NUCC
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2020, 10:30:43 pm »
Thanks, I'll have a proper look next time 😁

Online pwhole

• forum hero
  • TSG, DCA, PDMHS
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2020, 01:27:25 am »
It's on an obvious ledge with a drop of quite a few metres by the time you get to the boulder move, so you'll definitely know when you've reached it - I only found it on my last visit, despite seeing the ledge every time.

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search