OTHER STUFF > Caving in The Media. Book/DVD reviews etc

Rutland Weekend TV

(1/2) > >>

alanw:
Prompted by the sad news about the death of Neil Innes, I was watching the very very first episode of Rutland Weekend TV, when at 13:10 up popped a photo of 3 long haired scruffy men, wearing what look to be wetsuits and a helmet. It's in the context of spending days and weeks underneath priests (well, it was 1974, as you can imagine).

The voice-over goes: "The British Expedition of Bradford, Wells and Dee, who spent a fortnight under a Monsignor in very difficult conditions"

Does anyone recognise them?

Boy Engineer:
I did a screen grab of the cavers and used it for a reverse image search. Unfortunately Google decided that the key characteristic of the picture was “bare chested”, but with less illuminating results than one might hope/expect.  :o I gave up at that point. It looks like a late 60s shot.
But thanks for the clip. It’s got me searching for ‘Bert Fegg’s Nasty Book” which came from the same stable.

pwhole:
Fabulous stuff -  I dimly remember that episode even though I was only a nipper. Thankfully my parents weren't averse to surrealism in comedy. They wouldn't let us watch 'Bless This House', for example, merely as it was rubbish. 'On The Buses' was totally banned.

I owe them big for that tip :halo:

langcliffe:

--- Quote from: alanw on December 30, 2019, 09:51:55 pm ---Does anyone recognise them?
--- End quote ---

I believe that this may possibly be (if you get the point) a photograph taken at the 1974 Langcliffe Pot rescue. I furthermore believe that the gentleman second from the left may possibly be one of the Ellwood brothers.

langcliffe:

--- Quote from: langcliffe on December 31, 2019, 12:01:46 pm ---I furthermore believe that the gentleman second from the left may possibly be one of the Ellwood brothers.
--- End quote ---

The same gentleman appears on page 156 of Race Against Time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version