Author Topic: Reigate Cave Pics  (Read 240 times)

Offline ZombieCake

• forum hero
Reigate Cave Pics
« on: July 18, 2020, 12:45:46 am »
Last September myself and Lucy Leica (the Olympus thing is complicated...) wandered down Reigate Caves on one of their open days.  If you can get down there it is really good day out and highly recommended. More pics coming on a later post with added witches.  Anyway, given the way the world is now I thought I'd post few.  They're supposed to be in order, and to be taken with a smile.  I've numbered them 1 to 4, and hopefully get loaded up that way for a sort of film strip.  Pic number 3 is telling. Anyway, thoughts and comments welcome.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 12:58:18 am by ZombieCake »

Offline The Old Ruminator

• forum hero
Re: Reigate Cave Pics
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 09:55:24 am »
Some of the bottles found in Reigate Caves years back fetched a lot of money. One went for £8,500 !

07 by Nicholas Chipchase, on Flickr

12 by Nicholas Chipchase, on Flickr

08 by Nicholas Chipchase, on Flickr
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 10:04:07 am by The Old Ruminator »

Offline ZombieCake

• forum hero
Re: Reigate Cave Pics
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 10:12:11 pm »
£8.5k, blimey.  Couldn't resist posting the Corona fizzy pop one, with the allegory of people walking to doom before the world goes down the toilet.  Light was rather lacking to say the least, so very high ISO and monochrome the order of the day.  (I thought eyebrows may be raised if I blasted out some PF100 flashbulbs.)
Anyway there is a website and books https://www.reigatecaves.com if anyone is interested.

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search