Author Topic: Cumberland cavern snake  (Read 733 times)

Offline amozzer

Cumberland cavern snake
« on: July 30, 2020, 07:25:25 pm »
Either someone thought it was a good idea to let loose a large anaconda or python of around 12ft in length judging by the intact sheaded skin. Or for some strange reason left it in one of the passages off props chamber having gone to the trouble of putting it there 🤔

Offline 2xw

• forum star
  • BPC, SUSS
Re: Cumberland cavern snake
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 08:51:53 pm »
Haha that's brill

Offline amozzer

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 08:59:28 pm »
Took 10 year old nephew on his 1st trip don't think he will be going again as was sh**ing himself worrying about been eaten alive 😢

Offline tdobson

• Tim Dobson
  • The Caving Crew
    • Bad Caving Tips
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 03:16:13 pm »
We saw this last night. Just outside the lower entrance of the Maze. Most visible when you exit the maze towards the main entrance.

Offline EFRESHW

• Creator of the Caving TV series 'Deep Down Under'
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgjxXWWPKMBAxkeXEC1gKkA?view_as=subscriber
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 03:26:00 pm »
I took a fresher down there yesterday for their FIRST underground experience EVER and I promised it wouldn't be scary at all. They saw the snakeskin, panicked, and we had to leave very quickly for the pub.  poor lad. I too was very freaked but heck, I got some shots for everyone to see and it ranks in my top 5 weird experiences underground.

It's 15 minutes in, can't miss it. You walk around a corner and think 'Wat is that thing?'.  Photos attached.

Offline Dave Tyson

• menacing presence
  • WCG/UCET
    • Wirral Caving Group
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 08:36:27 pm »
I guess someone is having a joke.

If the snake was alive and down there it would be pretty torpid as it's just too cold underground even in this heat wave. If you did encounter it then I am sure it would be very pleased to be rescued  ;D

Dave

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search