TECHNICAL FORUMS > Film & Photography

Horrified By " Cavers of Facebook "

(1/12) > >>

The Old Ruminator:
More and more images of feckless lady models are appearing here. They are standing on the stal. One this week one had her boot on a stalagmite then she stood on a fine gour.. It seems that the cave is becoming secondary whilst the model is the prime subject no doubt so that the images can be splurged all over the internet to show what a brave girl she is. OK these images are from outside the UK . You would be shot if they were taken here. Well at least chucked out of your club. I have moaned about these shots but the so-called cave photographers just don't see it. Rather than face more conservation-related angst I have left the group. Sad to see what's happening to caving now that any person and his dog has a camera ( or ruddy phone ). Gone for a lie down ------

pwhole:
I always try and cave with feckelsss lady models wherever possible - they're far more fun, though none of the ones I hang out with stand on stal as a rule. But is that Facebook still going?  I can just about remember when it was still Friends Reunited :halo:

andrewmc:
On the plus side, these photos are getting a backlash from the wider caving community in that group that there are indeed too many photos like that (not showing proper conservation care). Although I would prefer if the group was more heavily moderated when such photos were published, hopefully at least some of the photographers will realise such things are not OK...

Rob:
It's disgusting. Next they'll be publishing naked caving calendars!  :o

Tseralo:

--- Quote from: pwhole on August 19, 2020, 12:13:29 pm ---I always try and cave with feckelsss lady models wherever possible - they're far more fun, though none of the ones I hang out with stand on stal as a rule. But is that Facebook still going?  I can just about remember when it was still Friends Reunited :halo:

--- End quote ---

Im not sure if i should be offended or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version