Author Topic: Moorhouse is back!  (Read 35925 times)

Offline bubba

• Administrator
  • forum hero
Re: Moorhouse is back!
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2009, 12:40:28 pm »
Just because somebody has mental health issues it doesn't mean that they should be tip-toed around and allowed free reign to involve other people in their fantasy-world.

I'm fully aware of the seriousness of some of these topics, in fact I have first hand experience of both myself and my partner feeling suicidal in the past. Depression for me, other reasons for my partner. That doesn't mean that just because I felt that way I should have been allowed to go round conning other people. Yes, it's sad that he has felt that way and everyone who's met him says he comes across as a nice bloke, but that's not what's at stake here.

=:blubba:=

[ nsfw ]

Offline Turner

• addict
  • Highfield drive cave and climbingframe rescue
« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2009, 12:43:07 pm »
Turner, do you personally know anyone who has either written or talked about self-harm or suicide?

yes but what significance does this have with what i just said?

Because, (and I suppose it very much depends on the troubled individual), I would never try to second guess the motives of someone who had, for fear of aggravating the situation. Because I am not an expert, and wouldn't pretend to be one. That's all.

yes i get you and i agree but....

As much trouble as the guy may be going through.... myself, i am not concerned about his well being, i believe the concern should be with others that he may put at risk

born and bred in the peak district. not a scummy tourist :p

Offline Peter Burgess

• forum hero
  • Left ukcaving by this name
« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2009, 12:54:35 pm »
I think that point has been very clearly made throughout this topic, nobody has disagreed with this in that respect, and as such what more is there to say? Any more is either unnecesary repetition, or not relevant. That is why I believe the great majority of those who have expressed their view in the "other" thread have asked for this topic to be either locked or deleted. Because as long as it is open, there is the opportunity for potentially harmful comment to be made, intentionally or otherwise. The discussion has run its course and served its purpose (as far as Bubba has defined its purpose).

Offline k8te66

« Reply #153 on: March 01, 2011, 06:56:57 pm »
i have read all the messages on this thread
i have been strung along by andrew moorhouse for the last couple of yrs
he told me on thursday the 24th feb he was going to commit suicide
i have been waitin since friday for someone to come and tell me this is wot he has done
i then stumbled across this website
and you can imagine wot i am now feelin
so for all of you who say live and let live
or leave him alone wot harm is he doin
well let ,e tell you he is doin harm
to ppl like me
ppl who trust him either bein in the climbin or cavin world
or on a personel level so yes this guy needs stopped
i have a phone number that i am passing onto the police
he talked about suicide for 2 yrs and gave me a bullshit story about why he couldn,t live anymore
so guys try bein where i am now its not funny and i dare say not funny for the ppl who have been injured durin his stupidity
kate

Offline Burt

• forum hero
  • SCG, ChCC
    • Outdoor Activities & Team Events
« Reply #154 on: March 01, 2011, 07:55:01 pm »
If I were you Kate, I'd pass on his details and a few examples of his work to the local plod, then delete everything you have on him from your life.

There's way more good people than bad 'uns. Join a local caving club, have  few beers and talk to lots of people, then maybe go caving with one of the good ones.

Good luck!
Cheese on toast - the answer to all of life's problems.
www.aardvarkendeavours.com ~ Outdoor activities and Team events
www.tvandfilmsafety.co.uk ~ On-location safety services

Offline Newbie2013

« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2013, 09:09:07 pm »
Andrew Moorhouse is still the liar and conman that is suggested on the Internet forums however is now using a different name...

I met Andrew Gilleard through a dating website, first impressions are that he is a gentleman. Andrew told me that he was an active member of search and rescue as well as an outwards bounds instructor. He also stated that he was an active reserve in the army, often working with the civilian police. The skills that this man claims to have is unbelievable (I know that now..) he slowly fed me a pack of lies about who he is and what he does. As I have now found out Andrew Moorhouse is his real name and he is a compulsive liar and cannot be trusted. He has not got any outdoor qualifications but does come across as knowing what he is doing - but he doesn't. What his aim is I'm not sure but there is an element of financial gain. If you are female and says he loves you, wants to marry you and hasn't felt that way since his fiancé died - well he's said it all before. There is so much more I could say about this man however all I'm going to say is avoid this man.

Offline Cap'n Chris

• forum hero
Re: Andrew Gilleard is Andrew Moorhouse
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2013, 09:15:45 pm »
Andrew Moorhouse is still the liar and conman that is suggested on the Internet forums however is now using a different name...

I met Andrew Gilleard through a dating website, first impressions are that he is a gentleman. Andrew told me that he was an active member of search and rescue as well as an outwards bounds instructor. He also stated that he was an active reserve in the army, often working with the civilian police. The skills that this man claims to have is unbelievable (I know that now..) he slowly fed me a pack of lies about who he is and what he does. As I have now found out Andrew Moorhouse is his real name and he is a compulsive liar and cannot be trusted. He has not got any outdoor qualifications but does come across as knowing what he is doing - but he doesn't. What his aim is I'm not sure but there is an element of financial gain. If you are female and says he loves you, wants to marry you and hasn't felt that way since his fiancé died - well he's said it all before. There is so much more I could say about this man however all I'm going to say is avoid this man.

Just quoted this post and re-titled the thread so that bots pick it up and help increase the likelihood of success for anyone searching for information about "Mr. Infamous".

Offline chrisporcheret

• addict
  • CSCA, SOC, Red Bull gives you Mole skills!
« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2013, 11:58:33 pm »
http://web.archive.org/web/20030106223841/http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/andrewmoorhouse/index.html

This monkeys website, 
Some comedy material here, he says he is 30, and joined the army from school in 1989.... so he was 6/7 years old?
He also gets called upon for regular service, I myself am in the army and I can tell you now that it never will happen unles ww3 kicks of ( at the moment who knows)

What a monkey.
Whos fucking idea was this?
Beer overcomes gravity everytime!

Offline JessopSmythe

• obsessive maniac
  • SWCC
    • South & Mid Wales Cave Rescue Team
« Reply #158 on: April 06, 2013, 12:23:41 am »
It's an archive page from January 2003, which would mean he was 16/17.

The bloke's enough of an arse to provide plenty of material without us taking the piss out of the bits that could be right!
"If at first you don't succeed, try again. If that doesn't work, quit. There's no point being a damn fool about it" Homer Simpson

Offline chrisporcheret

• addict
« Reply #159 on: April 06, 2013, 09:19:55 am »
It's an archive page from January 2003, which would mean he was 16/17.

The bloke's enough of an arse to provide plenty of material without us taking the piss out of the bits that could be right!

Fair one. I misread the date.
Still wouldn't believe someone like that got in the army and through training though lol

Offline david3392

• player
« Reply #160 on: April 06, 2013, 12:11:03 pm »
http://web.archive.org/web/20030106223841/http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/andrewmoorhouse/index.html

This monkeys website, 
Some comedy material here, he says he is 30, and joined the army from school in 1989.... so he was 6/7 years old?
He also gets called upon for regular service, I myself am in the army and I can tell you now that it never will happen unles ww3 kicks of ( at the moment who knows)

Er, reservists DO get called up quite frequently depending on the skills shortage during a particular operation. My wife being an example. We don't really know what the truth is here but I can't see him hitting it off with the Regular Army who can sniff bullshit from 1000 yards.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 04:48:09 pm by paul, Reason: Fixed Quote tags »

Offline chrisporcheret

• addict
« Reply #161 on: April 06, 2013, 07:39:55 pm »

This monkeys website, 

Er, reservists DO get called up quite frequently depending on the skills shortage during a particular operation. My wife being an example. We don't really know what the truth is here but I can't see him hitting it off with the Regular Army who can sniff bullshit from 1000 yards.

What did your wife do in the army?

Offline david3392

• player
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2013, 07:56:03 am »
She was a theatre nurse with the QA's. She was called up twice in 18 months. As an ex Reg TM I can assure you that people lke Mr M can find their way into the TA with startling ease. How long they last is a different matter. His profile suggests that he may well have had some military experience (cadets?) or spends a lot of time in surplus stores. Stag on!

Offline chrisporcheret

• addict
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2013, 12:16:01 pm »
She was a theatre nurse with the QA's. She was called up twice in 18 months. As an ex Reg TM I can assure you that people lke Mr M can find their way into the TA with startling ease. How long they last is a different matter. His profile suggests that he may well have had some military experience (cadets?) or spends a lot of time in surplus stores. Stag on!

Thats fair enough about your missus but for the teeth arms and most corps its unlikely :)
Mr M probably doesnt know what get a mag on and stag on means.

I think we have said enough about said person.

Have a nice day.

Offline david3392

• player
« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2013, 01:21:20 pm »
Absolutely agree, previous posts about this person went completely out of hand. I had a feeling of 'hear we go again' when the topic was brought up a few days ago. No more from me.

Offline millsy001

« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2014, 05:56:54 pm »
I know it is a year since the last post on this forum but I have had a run in with this guy. He managed to con me, a friend and her two children into going caving.  I am concerned that he is still doing this and that he is now involving children. Thankfully we came out of the cave safely with no major incident. He was supposedly 'training' a guy to become a caving instructor.  Has anyone got any advice what I should do? Should I report to someone that he is back in business.  He didn't charge us as it was a training exercise, I just wonder how much he is charging the guy for the training. 

Offline bograt

• forum hero
  • Speliodecrepit
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2014, 06:33:27 pm »
Hmm, yet another first time poster, it seems every time this topic is re-started it is from a first-time poster.  :-\ :-\
Aim low, achieve your goals, avoid disappointment

Offline Pete K

• Pete Knight
  • forum hero
  • Peak Instruction, DCMC, DCA, PICA, TSG, DCRO
    • Peak Instruction
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2014, 06:39:29 pm »
Probably because it appears on Google. What has someone to gain from stirring?

Offline bograt

• forum hero
  • Speliodecrepit
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2014, 06:48:06 pm »
A woman scorned??----
(Or should that be spurned?)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:58:10 pm by bograt »
Aim low, achieve your goals, avoid disappointment

Offline Anon

• Nobody
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2014, 06:58:06 pm »
How do these people find out about "whatever name he goes under" and his arranged caving activities in the first instance?

Offline jasonbirder

• forum star
  • Orpheus Caving Club
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2014, 07:07:01 pm »
He managed to con me, a friend and her two children into going caving...Thankfully we came out of the cave safely with no major incident.

And so after having been taking caving...and exited the cave with no drama...you thought it was worth registering on UKCaving to post about it...hidden agenda methinks!

Offline Big Jim

• forum star
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2014, 07:11:36 pm »
Is Millsy001 the same Millys001 that is registered on this dating site and from Sheffield. http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=49741893
The thick plottens...

Offline bubba

• Administrator
  • forum hero
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2014, 07:37:06 pm »
Probably because it appears on Google. What has someone to gain from stirring?
Yep. Search engine referrals and links from the Facebook page.

The women that this tosser cons/tries to con aren't cavers, they just end up here after googling him.  Long may this continue, the man is a danger to women and should continue to be exposed. I appreciate that this isn't really caving related and may annoy some users but it is what is is.

Is Millsy001 the same Millys001 that is registered on this dating site and from Sheffield. http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=49741893
The thick plottens...
In what way is this relevant?
=:blubba:=

[ nsfw ]

Offline jasonbirder

• forum star
  • Orpheus Caving Club
« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2014, 10:57:32 pm »
While the guy may well be a tosser of the first order...in what way is it caving related to have a thread specially set up so his (ex) girlfriends can register and slag him off???

Offline paul

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Orpheus CC, NPC
    • Orpheus Caving Club
« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2014, 11:04:39 pm »
Because it may prevent an accident in the future if someone else gets duped and then finds out what has happened before?
I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are missing!