Author Topic: Moorhouse is back!  (Read 36285 times)

Amos666

Re: Moorhouse is back!
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2009, 11:59:13 pm »
That rucksac is f*****g brilliant! 2 ropes (on the outside?!), 2 lamps on his helmet. Has he got 2 first aid kits? He's going to bloody well need them with a pack that size slowing him down!

Nope, he doesn't have 2 first aid kits, he has 4!! (One SUPPOSEDLY a full paramaedic first aid kit - for when he is called out on one of his "rescue missions" ;D)

adrenalin

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2009, 03:37:01 am »
He's not been on for sometime but he is a member here, and in his 3 posts he is offering help :)
http://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?action=profile;u=133

Offline ttxela

• junky
  • WCMS, PDMHS
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2009, 08:44:26 pm »
Worrying stuff indeed, it shouldn't put anyone off though, not much more than a novice myself I've been on trips with quite a few people I've been in contact with only through the internet prior to the trip and fortunately I've always had fantastic trips with people I've had alot of confidence in.  :hug:  :thumbsup:

Comparing my experiences with the account related here though there are plenty of warnings that all was not well. I'll detail them below as a guide to what to look for in future.

1. This chap seems to have been able to quickly organise a trip within a couple of weeks of joining a group - proper caving trips take months of planning with many emails/forum posts/pub discussions, however no firm decisions should be made beyond which region the trip will take place in until the night before.

2. Everyone seems to have met at the right cave at the right time - ideally at least one person should be in the wrong place on the wrong day, preferably the leader of the trip. At the very least the majority of participants should still be in their sleeping bags.

3. It appears he not only brought himself a matching pair of wellies but everyone else as well! - At the very least the leader should have forgotten his wellies or bought his wifes, several sizes too small. A really good sign is if he has brought one of his and one of his wifes (both the same foot).

4. The oversuits lent out were worn out and taped up - in itself very promising however there is no mention of the tape falling off at the furthest point from the entance and the suits disintegrating.

5. Again no mention of lights without batteries or brought along uncharged - what an oversight.

Many thanks to all those who've taken me on trips  :beer2:, joking apart thank goodness I've never been with this lad.

If you've been affected by any of the issues raised in this post you can contact our helpline on 0800........

Offline Dan

• stalker
  • The Eldon
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2009, 09:44:39 pm »
I'd like to meet him!!

Offline Dan

• stalker
  • The Eldon
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2009, 10:00:08 pm »
Can't we invite to him Eldon Stomp? Stomp could take on a new meaning!

Offline Turner

• addict
  • Highfield drive cave and climbingframe rescue
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2009, 10:05:25 pm »
OLD SCHOOL!

born and bred in the peak district. not a scummy tourist :p

Offline underground

• junky
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2009, 11:17:29 pm »
Is this the same fellahttp://picasaweb.google.co.uk/zebedee.zoe/Caving#5399065106659921986
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/zebedee.zoe/Caving#5399065404523847394
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/zebedee.zoe/Caving#5399066001977373938

his famous rucksack, whats the cuddly toys for?
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/zebedee.zoe/RodMoorOct2009#5394264106154881906

Yep, that's the fella...

whatever his problem, be it schizophrenia or just being a bit desperate, he needs exposing as a fraud and people need to be aware of him and what he looks like before something really bad actually happens.

Offline owd git

• forum hero
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2009, 12:55:24 am »
If i see him sniffing around  our village again, (that was Wapping! with graffiti .)
I'll be sure to make it public.
Maybe he'd like some rope practice on High Tor. ( in the best possible taste!) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
O. G.
Hen racer? 2000 world hen racing champion

Offline david3392

• player
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2009, 01:57:30 pm »
This man, although an undoubted fantasist, surely does not deserve some of the increasingly venomous responses seen on this forum. Its worrying to see threats of physical harm ['stomping' 'rope practice' 'beat some sense' etc] creeping through. Is this how we want non-cavers who have seen these posts to see us? I'm sure that these comments were made in half jest but the implication is there. I totally agree that we need to be aware of his possible presence, under or overground, but lets make our responses more constructive and less inclined to GBH. Having said all this, I'm amazed he is not aware of all the fuss he has caused. If I was he, I would arrange for a rapid posting to another disaster area!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 02:19:43 pm by david3392 »

Offline biffa

• stalker
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2009, 02:00:01 pm »
Just be aware that he has become violent before when confronted with our version of events/evaluation of his skills.

Offline Turner

• addict
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2009, 04:28:19 pm »
s'allright im packin yo!

Offline ian.p

• forum star
  • FSC,EECC, SMCC,SUSS,ULSA,BCRA
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2009, 04:52:55 pm »
s'allright im packin yo!
i doubt that very much...

Offline Coxie

• menacing presence
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2009, 04:56:28 pm »
I'm pretty sure I crossed paths with the infamous Mr Moorhouse when I lived and worked in the Peak about 8 years ago at Burbage and my climbing partner offered some friendly advice about an appalinlgy rigged route which was not well recieved at all.

It seems apparent that at some stage he's going to cause an accident unless enough people are informed but I agree with David in that he probably doesn't deserve the verbal abuse he's currently getting on the forum.

He should really be given the chance to defend himself... Having read the above comments on this thread i doubt he'll come forward to do so... I wouldn't. 

If he can't be stopped should he not be trained so that he has the skills to keep himself safe.

Soupy Norman lives on!

Offline Cave_Troll

• forum hero
  • SUSS
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/cave_troll/
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2009, 04:57:55 pm »
Its longer and more complicated that you can imagine.
If you know me, i can tell you more details in the pub, but i think best not here :-)

Offline Cap'n Chris

• forum hero
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2009, 05:02:05 pm »
whatever his problem... ...he needs exposing as a fraud and people need to be aware of him and what he looks like before something really bad actually happens.

The interwebnet is your friend.

Anyone with suspicions about Andrew Moorhouse will soon be able to have them confirmed (or otherwise), viz:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Andrew+Moorhouse

Offline bubba

• Administrator
  • forum hero
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2009, 05:43:51 pm »
Just be aware that he has become violent before when confronted with our version of events/evaluation of his skills.
He didn't want to hurt you, he was just trying to rescue you. The two are easily confused.
=:blubba:=

[ nsfw ]

Offline Turner

• addict
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2009, 06:13:05 pm »
s'allright im packin yo!
i doubt that very much...

sense of humor = 0

looooooooooool

DARBY

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2009, 09:47:49 pm »
This man, although an undoubted fantasist, surely does not deserve some of the increasingly venomous responses seen on this forum. Its worrying to see threats of physical harm ['stomping' 'rope practice' 'beat some sense' etc] creeping through. Is this how we want non-cavers who have seen these posts to see us? I'm sure that these comments were made in half jest but the implication is there. I totally agree that we need to be aware of his possible presence, under or overground, but lets make our responses more constructive and less inclined to GBH. Having said all this, I'm amazed he is not aware of all the fuss he has caused. If I was he, I would arrange for a rapid posting to another disaster area!

Fair comment but i have friends that have put years of their lives and money into exploration in certain areas of the peak which due to wasters are already getting a little sensitive, one death or serious accident could affect access to these areas.

this guy deserves no sensitivity or politeness he his a wanker and needs to know he is not welcome in Derbyshire or any other areas.

Sticking up for the Guy will give him a line which he is clearly trying to attract attention for.

george

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2009, 09:51:59 pm »
Hey - don't tell him that he's not welcome in Derbyshire; he might come to Yorkshire!

DARBY

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2009, 09:59:18 pm »
ABSOLUTELY no worries there he cant rig and get to the bottom of garlands, think he might struggle up your spot. New funny poster of him and the bear on its way to the New Inn for you browse over for future caving trips.

Offline Roger W

• forum hero
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2009, 10:24:06 pm »
No, that ain't funny.

If he half-kills people trying to take them down Garlands, just think what might happen if he finds some folk who want him to take them down GG main shaft...    :o
"That, of course, is the dangerous part about caves:  you don't know how far they go back, sometimes... or what is waiting for you inside."   JRR Tolkein: "The Hobbit"

DARBY

« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2009, 12:57:37 am »
He has plenty of rope, could definately be a possibility :o

Offline underground

• junky
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2009, 01:28:09 am »
whatever his problem... ...he needs exposing as a fraud and people need to be aware of him and what he looks like before something really bad actually happens.

The interwebnet is your friend.

Anyone with suspicions about Andrew Moorhouse will soon be able to have them confirmed (or otherwise), viz:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Andrew+Moorhouse

Chris, the links from picasa show fairly well, what he looks like....

adrenalin

« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2009, 01:48:09 am »
As i put in my earlier post's, he has not broke the law, and basically all he has done with us is pull the wool over our eyes, but a basic search led us to here.

I don't condone violence to him, what he is showing is I suppose all of us have done at some point in bull shitting a story or whatever, however in this case, he can potentially put someone at risk.

so it seems, we should pass info on to other groups that we come accross to be aware of situations like this.

One thing that springs to mind to me, is that any group inviting people along to join a social group whether it be us as a social walking group or you guys caving, is to insist that any person posting that they wanna join or participate in a event, is that they bring along some form of identification as to who they are, live etc so that checks can be made............. example this guy could give any false info, luckily he was not that bright to do this, hence such as me posting here.

To be fair to the guy, nice fella, but a big bullshitta which we can all laugh at, but in a enviorement that can cause serious injury to un suspecting people, bottom line don't take anyone at face value! check em out, and think before doing anything you not completely comfortable with.

ps you have a great forum here.... well done!

Offline biffa

• stalker
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2009, 10:35:18 am »
I don't condone violence to him, what he is showing is I suppose all of us have done at some point in bull shitting a story or whatever, however in this case, he can potentially put someone at risk.

http://www.derbyshirecro.org.uk/call_outs.html