I don't often post but as there had been some mention of LiDAR and the Caveatron on these boards, I thought a few of you might be interested.
During Lockdown part 1 last year I, like many others, found I had some spare time with reduced shifts at work. Having dabbled with surveying over a few years, I thought I could use the time to build Joe Mitchell's Caveatron. The project was more time consuming, complex and more expensive than I thought it might be, but with some assistance, I managed to put one together.
Anyway to cut a long story short, I took the Caveatron underground in October to scan a section of Grebe Swallet and I'm reasonably pleased with the first attempt's results below.