TECHNICAL FORUMS > Digging

starting a dig

(1/21) > >>

wildside:
Near to where I live there is  a rather interesting hole that drinks an enormous quantity of water when it rains and has a small draft coming out of it. Could anybody tell me the procedure of how to find out who owns the land as I have asked in my village and nobody seems to know and I would rather like to have a dig around in the mud Officially rather than trips in the night......

kay:
You could try the Land Registry.
http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/

Tends to be a bit difficult for things without an address. I think you have to send them a map and pay for a manual search. And things which haven't changed hands in decades aren't necessarily registered. But it's a possibility if all else fails.

paul:
Of course it depends where the hole is as well. Is it in a field or a garden or...? If a field then find out who farns the land which shouldn't be too difficult.

wildside:
Its in a wood near a used railway line and possibly goes under the track bed and there are no signs and I have asked the local farmer and he said the wood has been sold recently but could not tell me more than that. I will try the land registry and see what they say thanks. Ive been up there today looking and it definetly looks promising but there are a lot of leaves and mud in there at the moment but its still draughting a bit. there is also a large swallet a bit further along that had an active stream going into it but the farmer has piped it away from the swallet now so that could be worth a look as well.........

graham:
If the wood has recently been sold then the land will be registered, or in the process of being registered, so the land registry will be the way to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version