NEWS, NOTICES & THE FORUM > Caving Chat

On the scrounge for a old(but modern) helmet and lamp(doesn't need to work).

(1/1)

skippy:
Hi All,
One of the main instigators of the caving display at Skipton museum is on the scrounge again.
Gemma now works freelance and sent me the following message:-

' hope you are well! I have recently finished my contract with Craven Museum, however I’m doing a little freelance work for them to develop their school workshops. One of the workshops explores caving and I am hoping to locate another caving suit and helmet like the one we have on display that I could use in the session with kids?  Obviously its more interesting for pupils to see one that’s been worn by a caver'

I have sorted Gemma out with a well used oversuit however she would also like a lamp/helmet combo.
As I've said, it doesn't need to work so if anyone has a knackered lamp and helmet lying about and is prepared to pass it on can they contact me?
I'm based in Skipton/Dales.
Thanks in advance.
Glenn

Ian Ball:
I have a slightly broken blue (cradle at the back) Caving Supplies protex helmet you can have and I think I've an FX-Ion caplamp that could go with it, although not the battery, is that suitable?

skippy:
Thats perfect Ian.

Its just for depiction really. The museum does have a helmet and an exped petzl carbide lamp in storage however explaining the concept of carbide to children is a nightmare..where as they probably understand a torch mounted to a helmet kinda set up.

I suspect you live up my way(Dales)..any chance you could leave it say at the dump. PM me and I'll sort summat?
Cheers.

Ian Ball:
I'll pm you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version