WHERE THE CAVES ARE - The Caving Regions > Wales

WARNING - Craig A Ffynnon

(1/5) > >>

Alkapton:
A warning has been issued that people should avoid this cave for the time being.

Several rock falls have occurred at or near the entrance.   The entrance is now in a very unstable state.   Until remedial action has been taken you are requested not to visit this cave.

NigR:
Alkapton,

Have you seen this firsthand?

Any idea when the collapse(s) occurred?

Alkapton:
Cwmbran CC, and I guess all key holders, received a notice from the management committee sometime in the last couple of weeks - no idea when collapse(s) occurred.  Just I think it good idea to let others know.

Huge:
I blame those bloody unicyclists!

Seriously, first Daren and now Craig A Ffynnon. Have there been any earth tremors in the area recently?

bagpuss:

--- Quote from: Huge on June 05, 2013, 10:34:18 pm ---I blame those bloody unicyclists!

Seriously, first Daren and now Craig A Ffynnon. Have there been any earth tremors in the area recently?

--- End quote ---

I'm no geologist, but is it not just due to the volume of heavy rain we had over the winter and the length of the big freeze/thaw? Looking at places we have walked in Wales lately, and other cliff/quarry areas there have been a fair few rock falls of late.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version