Author Topic: Quaking Pot  (Read 826 times)

Offline CNCC

• regular
    • CNCC
Quaking Pot
« on: February 26, 2019, 07:10:34 pm »
Quaking Pot has now been installed with IC anchors and is ready for any brave caver to attempt it :)

New rigging topo now available on the website.

https://cncc.org.uk/cave/quaking-pot
Council of Northern Caving Clubs; Working together for northern caving since 1963

Offline PeteHall

• Global Moderator
  • forum star
Re: Quaking Pot
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 09:13:03 pm »
Good work, whoever dragged the drill and anchors down there!  :clap2:

I'll add it to my list for the weekend.*

*My talking about in the pub list :o
The distance between stupidity and genius is measured only by success.

Offline Mike Hopley

• obsessive maniac
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 10:48:50 am »
Brilliant! CNCC is really humming along nowadays, well done all involved. :clap2:

Offline Alex

• forum hero
  • BRCC, UWFRA.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 01:04:12 pm »
Well done, I guess this was over quite a long time, as I know there were p-anchors to at least pitch 4.
Anything I say is represents my own opinion and not that of a any club/organisation that I am a member of (unless its good of course)

Offline Simon Wilson

• forum hero
    • IC Resin Anchor
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 02:10:35 pm »
A new, more accurate survey would be good - now there's a challenge.

Quaking is only 142m deep so there's a lot of limestone below it. There's a dig in the bottom which was once one of Dalek's epic digs I believe. And there's possibly the biggest unclimbed aven in the Dales.

Offline nobrotson

• Wob Rotson, ULSA
  • menacing presence
  • This not bono. Why the plastic fruit?
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 04:04:36 pm »

Quaking is only 142m deep so there's a lot of limestone below it. There's a dig in the bottom which was once one of Dalek's epic digs I believe. And there's possibly the biggest unclimbed aven in the Dales.

Is the aven you are referring to here Bridge Hall, or the aven where the 3rd pitch is? Presume the former.
the man is mentally ill. I have seen him eat a plastic pie.

Offline Speleotron

• obsessive maniac
  • YUCPC, ULSA
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 04:08:57 pm »
unrelated to Quaking but the CNCC cave list is very good especially the online bookings!
In search of taverns measureless to man

Offline Simon Wilson

• forum hero
    • IC Resin Anchor
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 04:36:34 pm »

Is the aven you are referring to here Bridge Hall, or the aven where the 3rd pitch is? Presume the former.

Sorry, I missed this.

Bridge Hall. It might have been climbed higher than the 100ft given in the old Northern Caves but I'm not aware of anybody climbing it since. I have a file on Quaking somewhere. I just had a look for it and couldn't put my hand on it.

I've talked to a lot of the old hands about it over the years and I have some snippets of interesting information/rumours about it.

I've used the full size survey to plot where it's near in relation to digs and I think I've been close to it from above. That's why I'd like some keen young tiger to go and survey it more accurately.