Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
For Sale / Wanted / Free Recycling / Wanted - From Ore to Orchids DVD
« Last post by Stoney Boy on Today at 12:49:00 am »
Wonder of anyone has a copy of this for sale?
Equipment / Re: AV’s Oversuits Quality Control
« Last post by badger on Yesterday at 11:58:10 pm »
I am not  a heavy user in that I don't cave every month, so very difficult to say about new AV's. but my current AV is more than 5 years old, and I do patch or re stich as soon as required,  which helps the suit last a bit longer.
If you brought it from starless river it may be worth having a conversation.
Warm bacs for me are not king, yes very hard wearing, but they are just way to stiff for me hence I have not had one since the very early 2000's
Caving Chat / Re: Descent Article re CROW by Mr O 'Doc
« Last post by badger on Yesterday at 11:51:42 pm »
People seem to be saying once something has been voted on everyone needs to fall in behind the result and never discuss it again.

Looks like we're stuck with the incompetent Conservative government foe ever.

I am fairly certain which ever party we have in government would be incompetent, the only thing that changes with governments is the level of incompetency
Sponsors & Competitions / Re: WIN A FENIX HM23 HEADLAMP!!
« Last post by Fulk on Yesterday at 10:55:58 pm »
Hardly a back-up light . . . but back-up 'technique'? Many years ago I was exploring a cave in Spain on a stinky and ran out of water in a very dry part of the cave (not much of a problem in the UK, huh?). So – what to do? I did, indeed, piss in the lamp and got it going again (but it was even more stinky than usual).

Oh the joys of the good ole days . . . crap equipment, crap lights, crap techniques . . . makes me wonder why I bothered going caving!!!
« Last post by Speleofish on Yesterday at 10:55:27 pm »
This is really depressing. I don't know any of the protagonists but all of them are respected members of the caving community, have done great things and I have enjoyed reading about their activities over the last few years.

I haven't seen the article in question and I struggle with the various arguments. However, if the caving community wants to improve access to holes in the ground, it should surely present a united front. This argument takes us backwards, not forwards. 
« Last post by darren on Yesterday at 10:06:36 pm »
People seem to be saying once something has been voted on everyone needs to fall in behind the result and never discuss it again.

Looks like we're stuck with the incompetent Conservative government foe ever.
« Last post by pwhole on Yesterday at 09:37:03 pm »
If you mean the internal surface, that sounds very weird - mine hasn't done that at all, and it's been seriously abused - and will be again tomorrow. Is it worth photographing it and sending it to AV? Did you buy it from Starless River?
« Last post by NASIR on Yesterday at 09:19:09 pm »
I think that’s just the material wearing down as you use it…..

That being said warmbacs are king
« Last post by mikem on Yesterday at 09:17:11 pm »
Sounds like problems with the material rather than the manufacturer
« Last post by topcat on Yesterday at 09:15:48 pm »
Massive, total, terminal delamination.....not seen much use either.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal