OTHER STUFF > Idle Chat

Friday joke - WARNING - contains swearing.

<< < (1459/1482) > >>

TheBitterEnd:
An old Yorkshireman is lying in bed dying. In a weak voice he asks

Is my wife here?
Yes I am here
Are my children here?
Yes, your children are here
Are my grandchildren here?
Yes grandad we are here

Then why is the kitchen light still on?

ZombieCake:
Roses are red
Vilolets are blue
I am Liam Neeson!
AND I WILL FIND YOU!!

aardgoose:

--- Quote from: tony from suffolk on March 07, 2021, 09:19:24 am ---I yelled “COW!” at the woman on the bike. She gave me the finger; just before she ploughed straight into the cow.
I tried...

--- End quote ---

True story - large hospital ED uses laptop PCs on small trolleys to allow point of care admin. Said devices were known as Computers On Wheels or 'COWs', in Paeds ED they even had one with a Friesian makeover.

Until a patient's relative made a written complaint after believing a request 'to bring the cow over here' referred to her. They were renamed after that incident.

darren:
They haven't been renamed round these partss. Daughter came home last week laughing about this after her hospital IT course.

Everyone working on the ward was also laughing as they knew one of my daughters previous jobs had been milking cows.

sinker:

--- Quote from: darren on March 08, 2021, 08:33:28 pm ---They haven't been renamed round these partss. Daughter came home last week laughing about this after her hospital IT course.

Everyone working on the ward was also laughing as they knew one of my daughters previous jobs had been milking cows.

--- End quote ---

In the construction industry, COW refers to Clerk Of Works, a kind of site-based Client's Representative. Basically a kind of demi-god to be looked after and treated like royalty.

I remember years ago coming into the office early one morning and finding a PostIt note left by my then Manager saying:

"Pick up COW from market"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version