OTHER STUFF > Idle Chat

Right or Wrong to Enforce CV19 Vaccinations on Care Home Workers ?

<< < (2/17) > >>

aricooperdavis:
Doctors and nursers don't have to have the flu jab though, that's optional, despite the fact that flu is absolutely lethal in that age group. So if you're going to make the covid jab mandatory you should probably make the flu jab mandatory too.

I don't have enormously strong feelings either way, but I do find it disheartening how many people don't think critically about the relative risk of covid vs vaccine complications.

Paul Marvin:

--- Quote from: aricooperdavis on September 16, 2021, 09:31:57 pm ---Doctors and nursers don't have to have the flu jab though, that's optional, despite the fact that flu is absolutely lethal in that age group. So if you're going to make the covid jab mandatory you should probably make the flu jab mandatory too.

I don't have enormously strong feelings either way, but I do find it disheartening how many people don't think critically about the relative risk of covid vs vaccine complications.

--- End quote ---

Too true  :thumbsup: one can easily look both ways at things , Dr,s and Nurses etc do have to have certain vaccines BUT they have been tried and tested for over 50 years and above all have longevity trials on them . The hospital do offer staff the flu vaccine but its not compulsory.

Paul Marvin:
Enjoying reading your opinions chaps  :clap2:

aricooperdavis:

--- Quote from: Paul Marvin on September 16, 2021, 09:30:54 pm ---All the CV19 vaccines have  the same contra indications
--- End quote ---

I don't think that's true - the BNF has different contraindications for the different vaccines. It also says that where the risk associated with the virus outweighs the risk to the faetus then they should be used: https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drug/covid-19-vaccine.html

Paul Marvin:

--- Quote from: aricooperdavis on September 16, 2021, 09:38:06 pm ---
--- Quote from: Paul Marvin on September 16, 2021, 09:30:54 pm ---All the CV19 vaccines have  the same contra indications
--- End quote ---

I don't think that's true - the BNF has different contraindications for the different vaccines. It also says that where the risk associated with the virus outweighs the risk to the faetus then they should be used: https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drug/covid-19-vaccine.html

--- End quote ---

I have already read the BNF  and as usual covers just about every contra indication known to man have you read the aspirin one ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version